OT: A New definition of OT

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Cerebrus, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hon'ble and dishon'ble Members,

    Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
    gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
    something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
    relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.

    The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
    words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
    when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
    posts are just a hindrance to the group.

    What do you think ?

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVe feeds of dead things !)

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/

    Cerebrus, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Re: A New definition of OT

    I appreciate the sentiment.

    I preface OT before anything off topic so Ben Smith, or whoever cleans up
    the messes I leave around here, has an easy(er) time identifying what to
    delete. For that reason, I'm not likely to change that pattern.

    Truth be told, there should just be a microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse.ot
    group where everything OT gets moved to. Problem is, any post of an on topic
    nature in this group will become OT within 3 seconds of Neil reading it.

    ~~~ The F-Word [28:06:42:12] ~~~, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Re: A New definition of OT

    -------------
    Off Topic
    Over Time
    Occupational Therapy
    Old Testament
    Occupational Therapist
    On Topic
    Out Of Town
    On Target
    Old Town
    Original Trilogy
    Old Timer
    Open Topic
    Over Top
    Optical Transient
    Objective test
    Office of Telecommunications
    Official Translation
    Off Theme
    Old Tuberculin
    Office of Transportation
    Operating Theater
    Officer Trainee
    Operator Terminal
    Overload Time
    Open Trapdoor
    Operational Test(ing)
    Other Things
    Out of Tune
    One Thrown
    Object Tool eXtended

    what about Out of Topic?

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 18, 2006
  4. Cerebrus

    Mike T. Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    "Cerebrus" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hon'ble and dishon'ble Members,
    >
    > Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
    > gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
    > something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
    > relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
    >
    > The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
    > words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
    > when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
    > posts are just a hindrance to the group.
    >
    > What do you think ?

    Please don't mess with my head like this before I've had my third cup of
    coffee.

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI

    Mike T., Sep 18, 2006
  5. Cerebrus

    Neil Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    did you hear "~~~ The F-Word [28:06:42:12] ~~~"
    <http://www.planetoftheheads.com> say in news:Oq9mH6o2GHA.3464
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > Problem is, any post of an on topic
    > nature in this group will become OT within 3 seconds of Neil reading it.

    I fail to see how that relates to the OT discussion. I believe you might be
    trying to thradjack this into an On-Topic item and for that I condemn you.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Lustful Gypsy dwarf: Small medium enlarged ?

    Neil, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
    > gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
    > something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
    > relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
    >
    > The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
    > words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
    > when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
    > posts are just a hindrance to the group.
    >
    > What do you think ?

    I think you stole that idea from me.

    kpg, Sep 18, 2006
  7. Cerebrus

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
    >> gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
    >> something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
    >> relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
    >>
    >> The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
    >> words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
    >> when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
    >> posts are just a hindrance to the group.
    >>
    >> What do you think ?

    > I think you stole that idea from me.

    yes, that sounded very familiar. it's so hard learnin the yungins'

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I object to sex on TV. I keep falling off!

    Neil, Sep 18, 2006
  8. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > I think you stole that idea from me.

    No, I stole it from OT(HMAN). I don't consider stealing from OTHMAN as
    stealing. I consider it taking what's rightfully mine.

    He may have stolen it from you in the first place, I dunno. Now
    *that's* stealing. Oh, how despicable, OTH !

    Cerebrus, Sep 18, 2006
  9. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >> I think you stole that idea from me.

    > No, I stole it from OT(HMAN). I don't consider stealing from OTHMAN as
    > stealing. I consider it taking what's rightfully mine.
    >
    > He may have stolen it from you in the first place, I dunno. Now
    > *that's* stealing. Oh, how despicable, OTH !

    I bet OT:MAN would steal from his own grandma.

    kpg, Sep 18, 2006
  10. Cerebrus

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Cerebrus () graced us with in
    ?<<

    That's like stealing t3$tk!ngs and creating your own br@!ndump company.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD [MCNGP], Sep 18, 2006
  11. Cerebrus

    TBone Guest

    Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    And on the eigth day "Cerebrus" <> did cause the electrons
    to come together and form the following words:

    > The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
    > words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
    > when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
    > posts are just a hindrance to the group.

    Actually, I believe the correct method of flagging off topic is [OT]. If
    you just use OT, then some programs like OE think your OT is an RE and
    strips it off. Then by the proposed method your OT would become OT.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Sep 18, 2006
  12. Cerebrus

    TBone Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    And on the eigth day <OT:> did cause the

    > what about Out of Topic?

    You were already out of topics several posts ago.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Sep 18, 2006
  13. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    As TBone once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Actually, I believe the correct method of flagging off topic is [OT].
    > If you just use OT, then some programs like OE think your OT is an RE
    > and strips it off. Then by the proposed method your OT would become
    > OT.

    I'm calling a TO.

    kpg, Sep 18, 2006
  14. Cerebrus

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As TBone once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Actually, I believe the correct method of flagging off topic is [OT].
    >> If you just use OT, then some programs like OE think your OT is an RE
    >> and strips it off. Then by the proposed method your OT would become
    >> OT.

    > I'm calling a TO.

    That spoiled brat?

    FrisbeeĀ®, Sep 18, 2006
  15. Cerebrus

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P. shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the
    Q.T. 'cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could become a M.I.A. and then we'd
    all be put out on K.P.

    Jtyc, Sep 19, 2006
  16. Cerebrus

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    >>Did you see what Jtyc () graced us with in
    %?<<
    > Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P. shouldn't we keep the P.C. on
    > the Q.T. 'cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could become a M.I.A. and
    > then we'd all be put out on K.P.

    Thank you for the lovely tune, that funky music will drive us till the dawn.
    Let's go, let's bugaloo till we puke!

    BD [MCNGP], Sep 19, 2006
  17. Re: [OT] A New definition of OT

    KMA.

    ~~~ The F-Word {President Of LameWorld} [28:06:42:, Sep 19, 2006
  18. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    ~~~ The F-Word {President Of LameWorld} [28:06:42:12] ~~~ wrote:

    > KMA.

    Manners, m'boy !!

    Cerebrus, Sep 19, 2006
  19. Cerebrus

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message

    > ~~~ The F-Word {President Of LameWorld} [28:06:42:12] ~~~ wrote:
    >
    >> KMA.

    > Manners, m'boy !!

    Okay.

    Please KMA!

    Lnkwizard2, Sep 19, 2006
  20. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    Re: A New definition of OT

    As Lnkwizard2 once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >>> KMA.

    >> Manners, m'boy !!
    >>

    > Okay.
    >
    > Please KMA!