    movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any ideas?
    I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004

  2. MauiJNP

    Padre Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any

    ideas?
    > I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    > will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    To backup your DVD movies, I'd recommend DVD Shrink (latest version). It's
    free and works great. For the other stuff, take a look at www.doom9.org ,
    they have info on all sorts of convertors. www.dvdrhelp.com also has some.
    All free.

    Kevin

    Padre, May 30, 2004

  3. MauiJNP

    W.K.M. Guest

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >movies.

    you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait, let me guess!
    You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your discs!

    > I need a program to use to override the CSS protection.

    You NEED it? No you don't.

    >Any ideas?

    Yea, BUY duplicate copies if you're that worried about them. God knows they're cheap enough.
    Unless there's another reason????

    >I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    Oh, yes, FREE by all means. That's ALL important. God forbid you'd PAY for anything!

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., May 30, 2004
  4. MauiJNP

    Rob Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    dvdshrink

    Rob, May 30, 2004
  5. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > >movies.

    > you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait, let

    me guess!
    > You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your discs!

    Good guess but no.

    > > I need a program to use to override the CSS protection.

    > You NEED it? No you don't.

    If I want to copy them, then YES, I do NEED one. I can not copy CSS
    material without it.

    > >Any ideas?

    > Yea, BUY duplicate copies if you're that worried about them. God knows

    they're cheap enough.
    > Unless there's another reason????

    Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    (with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.

    > >I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    > >will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in

    advance.

    > Oh, yes, FREE by all means. That's ALL important. God forbid you'd PAY

    for anything!

    In the words of my favorite radio personality, "If it's free, it's for me."

    Also, what's the sense of paying for something you can get for free?

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004
  6. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "You're a judge, pretty much all you do

    Judging Amy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Padre" <> wrote in message
    > "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > > I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > > movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any

    > ideas?
    > > I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    > > will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in

    advance.

    > To backup your DVD movies, I'd recommend DVD Shrink (latest version). It's
    > free and works great. For the other stuff, take a look at www.doom9.org ,
    > they have info on all sorts of convertors. www.dvdrhelp.com also has some.
    > All free.
    >
    > Kevin

    THANKS! I will check out that program.

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004
  7. MauiJNP

    W.K.M. Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 01:50:37 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >"W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >> >movies.

    >> you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait, let

    >me guess!
    >> You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your discs!
    >>

    >Good guess but no.
    >

    >> > I need a program to use to override the CSS protection.

    >> You NEED it? No you don't.
    >>

    >If I want to copy them, then YES, I do NEED one. I can not copy CSS
    >material without it.

    It's not about YOU! I don't wish to pay higher prices because you're too fucking cheap to PAY for your
    merchandise.

    >> >Any ideas?

    >> Yea, BUY duplicate copies if you're that worried about them. God knows

    >they're cheap enough.
    >> Unless there's another reason????
    >>

    >Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    >(with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.

    A so called college grad shouldn't be out of work. Go look for a job!

    >> >I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >> >will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in

    >advance.
    >> >

    >> Oh, yes, FREE by all means. That's ALL important. God forbid you'd PAY

    >for anything!
    >>

    >In the words of my favorite radio personality, "If it's free, it's for me."
    >
    >Also, what's the sense of paying for something you can get for free?

    Oh why indeed! the world is one big charity organization devoted just to you.

    I think not, sonny. Quit being such a thief and figure out a way to BUY your goods!

    Out of work college grad my ass....

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., May 30, 2004
  8. MauiJNP

    W.K.M. Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 01:55:22 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >"You're a judge, pretty much all you do
    >is sit back and watch other people work."
    >
    >Judging Amy
    >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >"Padre" <> wrote in message
    >> "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    >> > I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >> > movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any

    >> ideas?
    >> > I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >> > will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in

    >advance.
    >> >

    >> To backup your DVD movies, I'd recommend DVD Shrink (latest version). It's
    >> free and works great. For the other stuff, take a look at www.doom9.org ,
    >> they have info on all sorts of convertors. www.dvdrhelp.com also has some.
    >> All free.
    >>
    >> Kevin
    >>

    >THANKS! I will check out that program.

    Yea, you do that.

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., May 30, 2004
  9. MauiJNP

    Rich Clark Guest

    "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > >movies.

    > you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait, let

    me guess!
    > You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your discs!

    While we all know "backing up my DVD's" is commonly a euphemism for "copying
    other people's DVDs," it's still true that the ability to copy DVDs is
    useful. With the cost of blanks so low, I routinely copy the discs I lend to
    my son in North Carolina, so I don't have to mail him my originals. And I
    often copy discs I borrow from the public library so that I can watch
    series, like Hornblower or Six Feet Under, in proper order rather than in
    the random order they become available there.

    Am I breaking the law? Maybe so, but the copies go in the trash when we're
    done with them, so the net result does no harm to the copyright holder, and
    beyond that I don't really give a shit.

    And I'll tell you something else: if you don't think the need to make
    backups of "Finding Nemo" is legitimate if you have a 5-year old in the
    house, then you're living in a childless world.

    > > I need a program to use to override the CSS protection.

    > You NEED it? No you don't.

    Well, to make copies you do.

    > Oh, yes, FREE by all means. That's ALL important. God forbid you'd PAY

    for anything!

    DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter are, in fact, free programs. It really would be
    silly to buy something that does the same thing less well, although you
    certainly are free to. There's quite a lot of good, legitimately free
    software out there. It makes sense to look for it, don't you think?

    RichC

    Rich Clark, May 30, 2004
  10. MauiJNP

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any ideas?
    > I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    > will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    Clone DVD with anyDVD.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, May 30, 2004
  11. MauiJNP

    Runner Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    Making a back-up copy of a DVD collection makes no sense. I have over 400
    DVDs and to make a copy of all of them would still cost me 100's of dollars
    for DVD blanks, storage cases, wear and tear on the burner not to mention
    the cost of my time to do the job. Should I loose or damage a DVD which has
    luckily never actually happened to me and assuming it is really important
    for me to replace a DVD should that happen, then it would be much, much
    cheaper to simply buy another original DVD

    Not only that but many DVDs I bought 3-4 years ago are now if little
    interest anymore and I might just watch it a few more items in the rest of
    my life and in any case I can probably replace it for half of what I paid
    for it originally. In some cases there are much better versions available.
    Finally, with HD DVD around the corner I would wait before replacing any
    classics at this point in time anyway.

    And if I should lose all of my DVD collection in say a fire or because of
    theft, then I have home owner insurance for that. If I had copies, as a
    collector, I would not be happy to just have home copy discs since the
    covers and actual DVD with original artwork are part of the collectible. A
    home burned copy(s) would not cut it.

    Someone argues that a copy is a good idea if kids are handling DVDs like
    Nemo. Perhaps a good point, but I would be more worried about having the
    child busting the tray off the player. If the kid is old enough to be
    trusted not to do that, then the kid can certainly be trained to handle a
    DVD properly.

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any

    ideas?
    > I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    > will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    ---

    Runner, May 30, 2004
  12. MauiJNP

    Runner Guest

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    > >

    > Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    > (with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.

    If you are an out of work student with $100,000 in debt, you should be
    serving tables or digging a ditch to earn money and not spend your time
    watching movies.

    If you do want to see a movie, rent it for now and when you have money for
    non-essentials like DVDs then consider buying them at that time.

    ---

    Runner, May 30, 2004
  13. MauiJNP

    W.K.M. Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:31:26 GMT, "Runner" <> wrote:

    >Making a back-up copy of a DVD collection makes no sense. I have over 400
    >DVDs and to make a copy of all of them would still cost me 100's of dollars
    >for DVD blanks, storage cases, wear and tear on the burner not to mention
    >the cost of my time to do the job. Should I loose or damage a DVD which has
    >luckily never actually happened to me and assuming it is really important
    >for me to replace a DVD should that happen, then it would be much, much
    >cheaper to simply buy another original DVD
    >
    >Not only that but many DVDs I bought 3-4 years ago are now if little
    >interest anymore and I might just watch it a few more items in the rest of
    >my life and in any case I can probably replace it for half of what I paid
    >for it originally. In some cases there are much better versions available.
    >Finally, with HD DVD around the corner I would wait before replacing any
    >classics at this point in time anyway.
    >
    >And if I should lose all of my DVD collection in say a fire or because of
    >theft, then I have home owner insurance for that. If I had copies, as a
    >collector, I would not be happy to just have home copy discs since the
    >covers and actual DVD with original artwork are part of the collectible. A
    >home burned copy(s) would not cut it.
    >
    >Someone argues that a copy is a good idea if kids are handling DVDs like
    >Nemo. Perhaps a good point, but I would be more worried about having the
    >child busting the tray off the player. If the kid is old enough to be
    >trusted not to do that, then the kid can certainly be trained to handle a
    >DVD properly.

    Kids, though sometimes evil, take the blame for things they have no hand in. The DVD copying has nothing to
    do with the kids. I've encountered enough people who have bought DVD's from private owners, who have ended up
    with a bootleg to know why DVD copying is so important to some.

    >"MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    >> I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >> movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any

    >ideas?
    >> I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >> will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >---

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., May 30, 2004
  14. MauiJNP

    Mike Kohary Guest

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any ideas?
    >I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    DVDShrink will do the trick, for free.

    Ignore all the goofy critics, you're just wasting your time talking to
    them.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 30, 2004
  15. MauiJNP

    W.K.M. Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:25:15 -0700, Mike Kohary <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    >>movies. I need a program to use to override the CSS protection. Any ideas?
    >>I also want a AVI to DVD converter and a WMV to DVD converter. Any help
    >>will be appreciated, especially the programs are free! Thanks in advance.

    >DVDShrink will do the trick, for free.
    >
    >Ignore all the goofy critics, you're just wasting your time talking to
    >them.
    >
    >Mike

    Shut the **** up already. You're just a common thief just like he is. Maybe you two losers should move in
    together.

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., May 30, 2004
  16. MauiJNP

    Biz Guest

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I just got a DVD burner and now I want to make backup copies of my DVD
    > > >movies.

    > > you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait, let

    > me guess!
    > > You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your discs!
    > >

    > Good guess but no.
    >

    > > > I need a program to use to override the CSS protection.

    > > You NEED it? No you don't.
    > >

    > If I want to copy them, then YES, I do NEED one. I can not copy CSS
    > material without it.
    >

    > > >Any ideas?

    > > Yea, BUY duplicate copies if you're that worried about them. God knows

    > they're cheap enough.
    > > Unless there's another reason????
    > >

    > Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    > (with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.

    But you can afford to have a DVD collection, a DVD burner, and a good supply
    of blank DVDs? What a load of crap.

    Biz, May 30, 2004
  17. MauiJNP

    Rich Clark Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    "W.K.M." <> wrote in message

    > Kids, though sometimes evil, take the blame for things they have no hand

    in. The DVD copying has nothing to
    > do with the kids. I've encountered enough people who have bought DVD's

    from private owners, who have ended up
    > with a bootleg to know why DVD copying is so important to some.

    Yeah, but you want to make the tools illegal, even though those tools can be
    used for legitimate -- and legal-- purposes.

    Do you feel the same way about, say, Swiss Army knives?

    RichC

    Rich Clark, May 30, 2004
  18. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    Re: 2 DVD copying questions

    ,
    > >> they have info on all sorts of convertors. www.dvdrhelp.com also has

    some.
    > >> All free.
    > >>
    > >> Kevin
    > >>

    > >THANKS! I will check out that program.
    > >

    > Yea, you do that.
    >
    > Claire D. Lune

    do you have a quota of people you have to abuse each day or something?

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004
  19. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 May 2004 01:50:37 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"W.K.M." <> wrote in message

    > >> you do? why? Are you expecting something to happen to them? Wait,

    let
    > >me guess!
    > >> You have destructive kids that you can't control who destroy your

    discs!

    > >Good guess but no.

    > >> You NEED it? No you don't.
    > >>

    > >If I want to copy them, then YES, I do NEED one. I can not copy CSS
    > >material without it.

    > It's not about YOU! I don't wish to pay higher prices because you're too

    fucking cheap to PAY for your
    > merchandise.

    > >> Yea, BUY duplicate copies if you're that worried about them. God knows

    > >they're cheap enough.
    > >> Unless there's another reason????
    > >>

    > >Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    > >(with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.

    > A so called college grad shouldn't be out of work. Go look for a job!

    I have a job. I graduated May 15th and my job start June 16th.

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004
  20. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "Runner" <> wrote in message

    > "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > > "W.K.M." <> wrote in message
    > > > On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:57:58 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    > > >

    > > Free is what an out of work (till my job starts) recent college graduate
    > > (with over $100,000 in educational debt) can afford.
    > >

    > If you are an out of work student with $100,000 in debt, you should be
    > serving tables or digging a ditch to earn money and not spend your time
    > watching movies.
    >
    > If you do want to see a movie, rent it for now and when you have money for
    > non-essentials like DVDs then consider buying them at that time.

    I already bought the DVDs, I want to make back up copies so that I don't
    have to buy them twice.

    MauiJNP, May 30, 2004