    (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    Annika1980, May 26, 2008

  2. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On May 25, 8:12 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Finally got around to taking some pics of ospreys today.
    > (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    > Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    Honest, you definitely would get these pics in a magazine!! Superb
    work! My fav. is this one: http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97623532
    A very powerful pic with great detail. These are the kinds of shots
    any pro photographer would be proud of. Congrats!
    Helen

    Helen, May 26, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 23:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Helen
    <> wrote:

    >On May 25, 8:12 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >> Finally got around to taking some pics of ospreys today.
    >> (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    >> Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    >Honest, you definitely would get these pics in a magazine!! Superb
    >work! My fav. is this one: http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97623532
    >A very powerful pic with great detail. These are the kinds of shots
    >any pro photographer would be proud of. Congrats!
    >Helen

    You're late, Helen. We expected your gushing approval yesterday. We
    were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    photographs or not.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 26, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 26, 9:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > You're late, Helen.  We expected your gushing approval yesterday.  We
    > were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    > photographs or not.

    So what did you decide?

    Annika1980, May 26, 2008
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    On May 26, 9:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    >> You're late, Helen. We expected your gushing approval yesterday. We
    >> were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    >> photographs or not.

    >So what did you decide?

    I think they are great shots Brett, though unlike Helen, I think this is the
    best of them http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97623538

    --
    God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

    Atheist Chaplain, May 26, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 06:25:30 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On May 26, 9:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >
    >> You're late, Helen.  We expected your gushing approval yesterday.  We
    >> were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    >> photographs or not.

    >So what did you decide?

    Oh, they're good pictures. Quite good. More impressive than the
    pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.
    Anyone with a good camera and little luck can take a good picture of
    something sitting in front of them. Seeking out and waiting for the
    right opportunity with something difficult to catch on film (or card)
    is impressive, though.

    I've always thought your photographs are good. More than good, in
    fact. Where you lose is when you participate in these ridiculous
    exchanges with your critics. You show no class and too quickly get
    down to their level. Your work is good enough to stand on, and you'd
    come off better if you did just that.

    You need to run a test, though. Take a badly composed, out-of-focus,
    snap of a blah subject and post a link to it. We want to see how
    Helen reviews it. I suspect that she will say it is so magnificent it
    brought her to tears.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 26, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On May 26, 10:18 am, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 06:25:30 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On May 26, 9:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> You're late, Helen.  We expected your gushing approval yesterday.  We
    > >> were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    > >> photographs or not.

    > >So what did you decide?

    > Oh, they're good pictures.  Quite good.  More impressive than the
    > pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.
    > Anyone with a good camera and little luck can take a good picture of
    > something sitting in front of them.  Seeking out and waiting for the
    > right opportunity with something difficult to catch on film (or card)
    > is impressive, though.
    >
    > I've always thought your photographs are good.  More than good, in
    > fact.  Where you lose is when you participate in these ridiculous
    > exchanges with your critics.  You show no class and too quickly get
    > down to their level.  Your work is good enough to stand on, and you'd
    > come off better if you did just that.
    >
    > You need to run a test, though.  Take a badly composed, out-of-focus,
    > snap of a blah subject and post a link to it.  We want to see how
    > Helen reviews it.  I suspect that she will say it is so magnificent it
    > brought her to tears.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Why should you care Cooper what the hell I say?! If you gag (too bad
    it wouldn't be fatal) then PLEASE killfile me. If you can't accept
    the fact that I give an honest critique than that's YOUR arrogant
    problem.
    It's a great idea to comment on Bret's work privately, but at the same
    time I hate the fact that some of you would get pleasure in it.
    These osprey pics are damn good. What would you have me do? Lie?
    Frankly I've seen no contributions from you on this newsgroup, so
    STFU!!!
    HELEN

    Helen, May 26, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:51:24 -0700 (PDT), Helen
    <> wrote:

    >On May 26, 10:18 am, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2008 06:25:30 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >So what did you decide?

    >> Oh, they're good pictures.  Quite good.  More impressive than the
    >> pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.
    >> Anyone with a good camera and little luck can take a good picture of
    >> something sitting in front of them.  Seeking out and waiting for the
    >> right opportunity with something difficult to catch on film (or card)
    >> is impressive, though.
    >>
    >> I've always thought your photographs are good.  More than good, in
    >> fact.  Where you lose is when you participate in these ridiculous
    >> exchanges with your critics.  You show no class and too quickly get
    >> down to their level.  Your work is good enough to stand on, and you'd
    >> come off better if you did just that.
    >>
    >> You need to run a test, though.  Take a badly composed, out-of-focus,
    >> snap of a blah subject and post a link to it.  We want to see how
    >> Helen reviews it.  I suspect that she will say it is so magnificent it
    >> brought her to tears.

    >Why should you care Cooper what the hell I say?!

    I dunno, Helen. Why should you care what I say?

    >Frankly I've seen no contributions from you on this newsgroup, so
    >STFU!!!

    It's always a pleasure to deal with a gracious lady like you.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 26, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On May 26, 12:06 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:51:24 -0700 (PDT), Helen
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On May 26, 10:18 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> Oh, they're good pictures.  Quite good.  More impressive than the
    > >> pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.
    > >> Anyone with a good camera and little luck can take a good picture of
    > >> something sitting in front of them.  Seeking out and waiting for the
    > >> right opportunity with something difficult to catch on film (or card)
    > >> is impressive, though.

    > >> I've always thought your photographs are good.  More than good, in
    > >> fact.  Where you lose is when you participate in these ridiculous
    > >> exchanges with your critics.  You show no class and too quickly get
    > >> down to their level.  Your work is good enough to stand on, and you'd
    > >> come off better if you did just that.

    > >> You need to run a test, though.  Take a badly composed, out-of-focus,
    > >> snap of a blah subject and post a link to it.  We want to see how
    > >> Helen reviews it.  I suspect that she will say it is so magnificent it
    > >> brought her to tears.

    > >Why should you care Cooper what the hell I say?!

    > I dunno, Helen.  Why should you care what I say?
    >
    > >Frankly I've seen no contributions from you on this newsgroup, so
    > >STFU!!!

    > It's always a pleasure to deal with a gracious lady like you.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Hey, when you deal with crap you have to "stoop" to it's level.

    Helen, May 26, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    m II Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    >> Frankly I've seen no contributions from you on this newsgroup, so
    >> STFU!!!

    > It's always a pleasure to deal with a gracious lady like you.

    That's no way to talk to Bret's right hand man.

    mike

    m II, May 26, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 26, 9:42 am, "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote:

    > I think they are great shots Brett, though unlike Helen, I think this is the
    > best of themhttp://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97623538

    The funny thing is that the one Helen picked was already my desktop
    wallpaper. Great minds .....

    Annika1980, May 26, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    Walter Banks Guest

    Walter Banks, May 26, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Guest

    Great images, Bret - just curious, how many rejects do you get in a
    session like this, and how long did it take to get these?

    OT:
    On May 27, 12:18 am, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 06:25:30 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On May 26, 9:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> You're late, Helen.  We expected your gushing approval yesterday.  We
    > >> were all waiting for you to make up our minds if these were good
    > >> photographs or not.

    ???? and then...

    > >So what did you decide?

    > Oh, they're good pictures.  Quite good.  More impressive than the
    > pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.

    Tony, do you not even notice the hypocrisy of your stupid immediate
    simply wait to pounce and then add nothing?

    At least Helen gives her opinion. If you don't like it, maybe you
    could.. ignore it. Instead of doing exactly what you criticise others
    for.

    Or heaven forbid, you could nicely explain why you view differs. It
    took a request for you to do that, and then your response was
    essentially the same as Helen's. And after offering nothing but
    sarcasm, you can't understand why she gets nasty.

    Quite amusing really.

    At least I *know* I'm a hypocrite. O:

    , May 26, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    Alan Browne Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Finally got around to taking some pics of ospreys today.
    > (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    > Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    Good shots, esp http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97623532 which is
    fiercely tender.

    -- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, May 27, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 26, 5:28 pm, wrote:
    > Great images, Bret - just curious, how many rejects do you get in a
    > session like this, and how long did it take to get these?

    Rejects? What are rejects?
    "Ain't no filler, every one's a killer!"

    I took all those within a span of a couple of hours. There were
    actually two different locations I visited. Some of the flying ones
    were taken with me standing in the middle of a football field where a
    pair of ospreys had built a nest atop a large light tower.

    The other nest was a lot easier to shoot since I could get within
    about 10 yards (meters for you Aussies) of it. It was like shooting
    fish in a barrel, or so I thought until I returned today. I just knew
    I'd fill 3 CF cards and another roll of Astia with a load of great
    shots, but I only got one or two worth keeping.
    Here's one of them:

    I'd go every day if it wasn't such a drive for me (about 85 miles
    round trip).

    Annika1980, May 27, 2008
  16. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On May 25, 8:12 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Finally got around to taking some pics of ospreys today.
    > (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    > Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    As usual you have produced some great shots. Now I have to disagree
    with Ms Helen and a couple of others. This shot, http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97695255.
    Is the one I like the best. I feel that it shows the parent and the
    offspring resting and waiting for the next prey to come by their
    nest.
    The sharpness makes a very strong statement about the raptor. Being
    not only and bird of prey but a parent as well. The detail in the bark
    against the feathers is a good contrast in textures. The eyes being as
    sharp brings life to the image. Getting a diagonal between the eyes
    makes for a strongr image and having the open space to which the birds
    are looking gives a sense of movement.
    Colors seem to be dead on and the detail in textures are amazing.

    Keep up the great work.

    Draco

    Draco, May 27, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On May 26, 12:06 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:51:24 -0700 (PDT), Helen
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On May 26, 10:18 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> Oh, they're good pictures.  Quite good.  More impressive than the
    > >> pictures, though, is the effort that went into waiting for them.
    > >> Anyone with a good camera and little luck can take a good picture of
    > >> something sitting in front of them.  Seeking out and waiting for the
    > >> right opportunity with something difficult to catch on film (or card)
    > >> is impressive, though.

    > >> I've always thought your photographs are good.  More than good, in
    > >> fact.  Where you lose is when you participate in these ridiculous
    > >> exchanges with your critics.  You show no class and too quickly get
    > >> down to their level.  Your work is good enough to stand on, and you'd
    > >> come off better if you did just that.

    > >> You need to run a test, though.  Take a badly composed, out-of-focus,
    > >> snap of a blah subject and post a link to it.  We want to see how
    > >> Helen reviews it.  I suspect that she will say it is so magnificent it
    > >> brought her to tears.

    > >Why should you care Cooper what the hell I say?!

    > I dunno, Helen.  Why should you care what I say?
    >
    > >Frankly I've seen no contributions from you on this newsgroup, so
    > >STFU!!!

    > It's always a pleasure to deal with a gracious lady like you.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

    Mr Tony, Ms Helen is not only more gracious than you will ever be. She
    is also a better photographer you can ever be. Heck she beats my work
    no question about it.
    It is such a shame that certain folk here have to abuse their
    freedom of speech to ridicule someone who has done nothing but defend
    themselve against idiots and morons. Quite frankly I'm surprised that
    Ms Helen has been so polite in her rebuttals up until now.

    So to those who have done nothing but attack and demean others,

    BITE ME!

    Draco

    Draco, May 27, 2008
  18. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Draco wrote,on my timestamp of 28/05/2008 12:09 AM:

    > So to those who have done nothing but attack and demean others,
    >

    > BITE ME!

    keep biting yourself...

    Noons, May 27, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 07:09:23 -0700 (PDT), Draco <>
    wrote:

    >Mr Tony, Ms Helen is not only more gracious than you will ever be. She
    >is also a better photographer you can ever be. Heck she beats my work
    >no question about it.

    Your modesty is deserved.

    >Quite frankly I'm surprised that
    >Ms Helen has been so polite in her rebuttals up until now.
    >
    >So to those who have done nothing but attack and demean others,
    >
    >BITE ME!

    I think you have strayed from your regular group. This is about
    photography, not kinky invitations.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 27, 2008
  20. ? "Annika1980" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Finally got around to taking some pics of ospreys today.
    > (I've only seen two or three before today.)
    > Had so much fun I decided to make a whole new gallery out of it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/osprey

    Oh!Spray! Very nice photos, Bret >_< (japanese smiley)

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, May 27, 2008