OSPF Question.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Victor, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Victor

    Victor Guest

    Hola a todos.

    SO a have this question about OSPF.

    OK I Understand when a ASBR redistributes routes from other routing
    protocol they will be flooded as LSAs type 7 in the nssa and this LSAs
    will be translated to type 5 and flooded trough all other normal areas,
    and they will be in the routing table of this areas as E2 and in the
    ASB as N2.

    But what happens when a ABR/ASBR redistributes routes from other
    routing protocol in a NSSA Area, I was reading that the LSAs propagated
    by default will be NS1 (almost the same as OIA E1), I thought that the
    default LSAs will be this king (N2), but when no redistribution is
    passed and the option default-information originate command in the area
    XX nssa default-information originate no-summary (creating a thing
    similar to a totally sttuby not so stuby area) to the NSSA the only
    LSAs that will be permitted is a LSAs type 3 as a default route and
    will be marked as N2

    Is that correct?, Does any one have a more simple approach for this?

    Saludos,
    Victor.

    Victor, Feb 14, 2005