OSPF and IPSec tunnel "priority"

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cristi27, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. cristi27

    cristi27

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Hi.
    I have some lab tests and I need some advices :)

    What I have:
    - 3 (R1, R2 and R3) Routers (831) connected through an 3750 switch (no ip routing here).
    - all 3 routers run OSPF
    - R3 has 2 GRE Tunnels using IPSec, one tunnel with R1 an one tunnel with R2
    - R3 has a LAN connection attached.
    What I want:
    - I want that Tu1 to be the main tunnel used to transport traffic from client's LAN to R1 (and from here to VPN concentrator, but that is another problem so ignore it :) ).
    - When R1 goes down, I want that traffic from client's LAN to be switched to R2 via Tu2 (the "backup" tunnel).

    So, the big question is:
    - How can I do the IPSec tunnel "priority" thing? :? , so that as long as R1 it's up the traffic from client's LAN to go to R1 via Tu1, and when R1 is down the traffic be swiched to R2 via Tu2...
    I've attached also a network diagram ...

    Attached Files:

    cristi27, Sep 4, 2006

  2. cristi27

    cristi27

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Right now the OSPF is configured betwheen 172.16.x.y/24 IP's. Should I use Tunnel's IP in OSPF insted and asign different costs to Et1 interfaces of R1 and R3?

    cristi27, Sep 4, 2006