    I can find no reference to this on Cisco's website, or anywhere.

    It is a Cisco 1760, with 64MB of Flash and 128MB of RAM.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Jonathan

    Passadis Guest

    Jonathan wrote:
    > So, I am copying a new IOS onto a router, and it does the standard
    > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thing...
    >
    > and then it gets to about 84% and then streams O's (the letter O, not
    > zeros)...
    >
    > I can find no reference to this on Cisco's website, or anywhere.
    >
    > It is a Cisco 1760, with 64MB of Flash and 128MB of RAM.
    >

    > Jonathan

    Does it finishes the copying or it stays there ? Check the new image for
    memory requirements.
    Passadis, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Jonathan

    Dan Daniels Guest

    "Jonathan" <> wrote in message
    > So, I am copying a new IOS onto a router, and it does the standard
    > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thing...
    >
    > and then it gets to about 84% and then streams O's (the letter O, not
    > zeros)...

    During a copy operation, you may get the following characters:

    - A pound sign (#) generally means that a Flash memory device is being
    cleared and initialized. (Different platforms use different ways of
    indicating that Flash is being cleared.)
    - An exclamation point (!) means that ten packets have been transferred
    successfully.
    - A series of "V" characters means that a checksum verification of the file
    is occurring after the file is written to Flash memory.
    - An "O" means an out-of-order packet.
    - A period (.) means a timeout.
    Dan Daniels, Apr 30, 2005
  4. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    "Passadis" <> wrote in message
    > Jonathan wrote:
    >> So, I am copying a new IOS onto a router, and it does the standard
    >> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thing...
    >>
    >> and then it gets to about 84% and then streams O's (the letter O, not
    >> zeros)...
    >>
    >> I can find no reference to this on Cisco's website, or anywhere.
    >>
    >> It is a Cisco 1760, with 64MB of Flash and 128MB of RAM.
    >>

    >> Jonathan

    > Does it finishes the copying or it stays there ? Check the new image for
    > memory requirements.

    Once the O's start streaming, they go REALLY fast, and it just keeps
    counting past 100% on the TFTP server...

    The image requires 64MB of flash and 96MB of RAM...

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, May 1, 2005
  5. Jonathan

    thrill5 Guest

    Check the free space on the flash. I'll bet that the image is bigger than
    the available flash memory.

    Scott

    thrill5, May 1, 2005
  6. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    "thrill5" <> wrote in message
    > Check the free space on the flash. I'll bet that the image is bigger than
    > the available flash memory.

    The flash is being erased before the copy begins.

    And I have 64MB of Flash

    System flash directory:
    File Length Name/status
    1 16233196 c1700-ipvoice-mz.123-11.T5.bin
    [16233260 bytes used, 50613456 available, 66846716 total]
    65536K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...

    I originally thought it was a corrupt IOS, but I have tried multiple IOSs,
    including Enterprise, AdvEnterprise, 12.2, 12.3, 12.3T, etc, et al.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, May 1, 2005
  7. Jonathan

    Mark Lar Guest

    Jonathan wrote:
    > And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...
    >
    > I originally thought it was a corrupt IOS, but I have tried multiple IOSs,
    > including Enterprise, AdvEnterprise, 12.2, 12.3, 12.3T, etc, et al.

    Does your platform support the "squeeze" command? If so, try it.

    M.
    Mark Lar, May 1, 2005
  8. Jonathan

    Peter Guest

    Hi Johnathan,

    > And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...

    What TFTP Server Software are you using for this? Please note that
    the TFTP server on the Cisco Site (and several others) has a 16MB file
    size limitation, anything larger than that fails to transfer correctly
    due to a counter roll-over. To get around this issue I use the
    3CDAEMON product (3CDv2r10.zip, slightly less than 1MB) as a TFTP
    Server, its written by a 3com employee, but is available as freeware.
    An excellent product -

    http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm

    Cheers...............pk.

    ---
    Peter from Auckland.
    Peter, May 1, 2005
  9. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    "Mark Lar" <> wrote in message
    > Jonathan wrote:
    >> And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...
    >>
    >> I originally thought it was a corrupt IOS, but I have tried multiple
    >> IOSs, including Enterprise, AdvEnterprise, 12.2, 12.3, 12.3T, etc, et al.

    > Does your platform support the "squeeze" command? If so, try it.

    Did that too...

    Same error...

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, May 1, 2005
  10. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Johnathan,
    >
    >> And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...

    > What TFTP Server Software are you using for this? Please note that
    > the TFTP server on the Cisco Site (and several others) has a 16MB file
    > size limitation, anything larger than that fails to transfer correctly
    > due to a counter roll-over. To get around this issue I use the
    > 3CDAEMON product (3CDv2r10.zip, slightly less than 1MB) as a TFTP
    > Server, its written by a 3com employee, but is available as freeware.
    > An excellent product -
    >
    > http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm
    >
    > Cheers...............pk.

    Well, it started to work using the 3ComTFTP...

    At 16,773,120 bytes, I got the following:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.O.O.O [timed out]

    And then it kicked me back...

    At least I got a different error...

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, May 1, 2005
  11. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Johnathan,
    >
    >> And I am copying an 18.5MB file to the router...

    > What TFTP Server Software are you using for this? Please note that
    > the TFTP server on the Cisco Site (and several others) has a 16MB file
    > size limitation, anything larger than that fails to transfer correctly
    > due to a counter roll-over. To get around this issue I use the
    > 3CDAEMON product (3CDv2r10.zip, slightly less than 1MB) as a TFTP
    > Server, its written by a 3com employee, but is available as freeware.
    > An excellent product -
    >
    > http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm

    OK, now I have tried two different images, using the 3CServer, and both
    times, it died at exactly 16,773,120 bytes, which is exactly
    111111111111000000000000 in binary.

    So, I tried the 3CDaemon, and it worked fine...

    Cool.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, May 1, 2005