OS X 10.1 or 10.3 (Panther) for G3 iMac to learn with ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by someone, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. someone

    someone Guest

    Can I run 10.1 on a G3 iMac if all the system requirements are met ? I
    have a G3 CRT iMac with finder 9.2 on it now and all is well, in a few
    months hope to get a G5 iMac with Tiger so I'll have the
    latest-&-greatest then but for now I want to try out OS X for myself
    (the G3 iMac isn't my main machine so can afford to have it down some if
    need be) anyway I can get OS X 10.1 for $ 15.99, 10.2 is $ 39.99 and
    10.3 is $ 114.99, yep 10.1 is way out-of-date but the price is right and
    it would be a learning experience, is it realistic for me to get the
    feel of OS X with 10.1 or is my local HAAUG (Houston Area Apple User
    Group) the best bet (no OS X on my G3 needed)

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o