    and Linux, with Linux shipments doubling in the last three years."

    From this article.
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003

  2. In article <bmfh05$lmjug$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    (snip)
    ... and you say you wonder why people feel obligated to advocate for linux :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    > (snip)
    > .. and you say you wonder why people feel obligated to advocate for linux

    :)

    errr, no I dont, besides, I just thought it was an interesting article.
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  4. In article <bmfl9r$mek20$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    >> (snip)
    >> .. and you say you wonder why people feel obligated to advocate for linux

    >:)
    >errr, no I dont, besides, I just thought it was an interesting article.

    ... then my apologies. Certainly someone has often asked :)
    It may well be interesting ... but it still looks like advocacy to me :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    > >> .. and you say you wonder why people feel obligated to advocate for

    linux

    > >errr, no I dont, besides, I just thought it was an interesting article.

    > .. then my apologies. Certainly someone has often asked :)
    > It may well be interesting ... but it still looks like advocacy to me :)

    heh, personally I don't really care either way, I use Win2k at
    work(occasional shell work on a unix box), WinXP-pro at home, dual booting
    with Redhat 9... I dont really care which OS I use, as long as it works,
    currently for what I do, XP-pro fits that...
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  6. In article <bmfm9r$lrh50$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" wrote

    >linux
    >> >errr, no I dont, besides, I just thought it was an interesting article.

    >> .. then my apologies. Certainly someone has often asked :)
    >> It may well be interesting ... but it still looks like advocacy to me :)

    >heh, personally I don't really care either way,

    Permit me to observe that sometimes, it appears that you care a lot :)

    > I use Win2k at
    >work(occasional shell work on a unix box), WinXP-pro at home, dual booting
    >with Redhat 9... I dont really care which OS I use, as long as it works,
    >currently for what I do, XP-pro fits that...

    I too use more than one system. For me I've had more trouble over the years
    with microsoft OS s than any others. I grew up with apple DOS and figure that
    other OSs should be at least that good ... preferably within the 10 k that it
    used too. MS systems have only approached this in the last 5 ish years ...
    sadly in enormous numbers of M .... so sue me :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    > >heh, personally I don't really care either way,

    > Permit me to observe that sometimes, it appears that you care a lot :)

    nah, Im just an arse that likes to wind up those that do so, easily. :)

    Lennier, Steve, Roger, and a few others.
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  8. In article <bmfroi$m3r6n$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    >> >heh, personally I don't really care either way,

    >> Permit me to observe that sometimes, it appears that you care a lot :)

    >nah, Im just an arse that likes to wind up those that do so, easily. :)
    >Lennier, Steve, Roger, and a few others.

    Oh ... CAMOH (chap after me own heart) then ... fair enuff :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 14, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote

    > >> Permit me to observe that sometimes, it appears that you care a lot :)

    > >nah, Im just an arse that likes to wind up those that do so, easily. :)
    > >Lennier, Steve, Roger, and a few others.

    > Oh ... CAMOH (chap after me own heart) then ... fair enuff :)

    heh, thanks. :)
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > "Rollins said this will happen because of the company's approach to
    > operating only in standardized, low-priced markets. He pointed out that
    > since 1996 when Unix and proprietary systems dominated the world's server
    > installs with 75% market share, Unix shipments have fallen consistently
    > and now represents only 25% of servers shipped, versus the huge climb in
    > Windows and Linux, with Linux shipments doubling in the last three years."
    >
    > From this article.

    ......and does "shipment" include the millions of Linux ISOs downloaded and
    copied locally?

    --
    defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
    operating system.
    steve, Oct 14, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > .....and does "shipment" include the millions of Linux ISOs downloaded and
    > copied locally?

    Did you read the article? did it say it in there?
    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > "steve" wrote
    >> .....and does "shipment" include the millions of Linux ISOs downloaded
    >> and copied locally?

    > Did you read the article? did it say it in there?

    It's your post...and no, it doesn't say anything about it.

    steve, Oct 15, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > It's your post...

    It belongs to us all, I released it to be free in the world, if it loves me,
    it will return :)

    > and no, it doesn't say anything about it.

    well in that case ask the author what they meant.
    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > "steve" wrote
    >> It's your post...

    > It belongs to us all, I released it to be free in the world, if it loves
    > me, it will return :)

    Good on ya, mate.

    >> and no, it doesn't say anything about it.

    > well in that case ask the author what they meant.

    U a fun-knee guy dees daze.

    steve, Oct 16, 2003
  15. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > >> and no, it doesn't say anything about it.

    > > well in that case ask the author what they meant.

    > U a fun-knee guy dees daze.

    errr, riight.
    T.N.O., Oct 16, 2003