    --
    =================================
    Some people have something to say... others have to say something!
    Chris Berry, May 23, 2005

  2. Chris Berry

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Chris Berry wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    > I've just realised that I'm going to be in a bit of a fix at some point.
    > I've been running w2k for ages on my notebooks and desktops without a glitch
    > for years now and have never experienced an OS that's as stable. One
    > notebook was running 24/7 for 2 months without reboot or complications -
    > life's that good.
    > Now the problem is that in the next couple of years, w2k is going to become
    > obsolete for some reason. My PCs do everything I want them to and with a
    > little upgrade here and there have coped superbly well - in many cases being
    > a lot faster and responsive than equivalent xp systems.
    > The problem is that I really don't like XP. Can't think of a reason to
    > upgrade or a single benefit to moving on. I guess longhorn will also come
    > with too many wasting bells and whistles so what is the man's operating
    > system to be?
    > cb

    The easy answer is to continue with 2000 - if it is doing everything you
    need it to do, then there is no need to upgrade.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 23, 2005

  3. Chris Berry

    ± Guest

    Chris Berry <> wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    > I've just realised that I'm going to be in a bit of a fix at some
    > point.

    Don't waste a hard-on and never trust a fart.
    ±, May 23, 2005
  4. "Chris Berry" <> wrote in message
    > Hey folks,
    > I've just realised that I'm going to be in a bit of a fix at some point.
    > I've been running w2k for ages on my notebooks and desktops without a
    > glitch
    > for years now and have never experienced an OS that's as stable. One
    > notebook was running 24/7 for 2 months without reboot or complications -
    > life's that good.
    > Now the problem is that in the next couple of years, w2k is going to
    > become
    > obsolete for some reason. My PCs do everything I want them to and with a
    > little upgrade here and there have coped superbly well - in many cases
    > being
    > a lot faster and responsive than equivalent xp systems.
    > The problem is that I really don't like XP. Can't think of a reason to
    > upgrade or a single benefit to moving on. I guess longhorn will also come
    > with too many wasting bells and whistles so what is the man's operating
    > system to be?
    > cb

    Windows 2K will become the Win98 SE and it's going to be around for a long
    time to come. It's the most used and stable of the NT based O/S to date. If
    it's not broke then don't fix it as the old saying goes.

    Duane :)
    Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\), May 23, 2005
  5. Chris Berry

    Robert Baer Guest

    Chris Berry wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    > I've just realised that I'm going to be in a bit of a fix at some point.
    > I've been running w2k for ages on my notebooks and desktops without a glitch
    > for years now and have never experienced an OS that's as stable. One
    > notebook was running 24/7 for 2 months without reboot or complications -
    > life's that good.
    > Now the problem is that in the next couple of years, w2k is going to become
    > obsolete for some reason. My PCs do everything I want them to and with a
    > little upgrade here and there have coped superbly well - in many cases being
    > a lot faster and responsive than equivalent xp systems.
    > The problem is that I really don't like XP. Can't think of a reason to
    > upgrade or a single benefit to moving on. I guess longhorn will also come
    > with too many wasting bells and whistles so what is the man's operating
    > system to be?
    > cb

    Get the SP4 CD from M$ while you can; the $10 is well worth it.
    That way, you can start from scratch if you need.
    Robert Baer, May 24, 2005