    Is that the hardware issue or something else??

    Thanks
    MRF

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9oYW1tYWQgUi4gRmF0YWg=?=, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Check to be sure the modem driver is for XP Pro x64.

    "Mohammad R. Fatah" <Mohammad R. > wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 19, 2006

  3. I'm not on dialup, but I did notice there was an updated x64 Modem driver on
    the Acer site. Not sure if it's showing on the main page, but if not, go to
    the European ftp site. They always seem to have the most current drivers.
    ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/ferrari_4000/driver/winxp64bit

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 19, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TW9oYW1tYWQgUi4gRmF0YWg=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Does the mouse work. When I was on dial-up, I had the same except I could
    use the mouse. I had to launch task manager before dialing into the ISP and
    after dialing in, I had to stop explorer.exe (process page)and then restart
    it (application page). At least one other poster had a similar problem.

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2006
  5. It was exactly what you told..modem driver. Once installing the new driver,
    now I can enjoy my powerfull F4006..

    thanks a lot,
    MRF

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9oYW1tYWQgUi4gRmF0YWg=?=, Aug 16, 2006