    for this test, or do you think I ought to do well? The Mike Meyers book has
    been reviewed so many times, the information is very boring now... it
    doesn't seem like I can absorb much more info from it. So am I ready?

    PlazticSoul, Jun 1, 2004

  2. You'll probably do fine.
    You already passed Core Hardware, so you know
    the format and pacing of a Comptia exam.
    You use XP and 2000, so just emphasize the
    legacy OS's in your review.
    Take a couple of practice tests in the next couple of days.
    There are some online, or
    go down to your local book store and take the
    OS practice test at the back of a book like
    ExamCram. btw, ExamCram also has a list of
    must know items on the fold-in cover flap.

    Good luck.
    =================
    "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message
    > Ok let's see... I've made my way through Mike Meyers' All-in-One exam

    guide,
    > 5th edition. I understand all the concepts. I use WinXP Pro at home so I'm
    > very comfortable with that, and I use Win2000 Pro at work.
    >
    > When I studied for the Core exam, I had to memorize a few things even

    though

    J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+, Jun 2, 2004

  3. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+" <> wrote in message
    > You'll probably do fine.
    > You already passed Core Hardware, so you know
    > the format and pacing of a Comptia exam.
    > You use XP and 2000, so just emphasize the
    > legacy OS's in your review.
    > Take a couple of practice tests in the next couple of days.
    > There are some online, or
    > go down to your local book store and take the
    > OS practice test at the back of a book like
    > ExamCram. btw, ExamCram also has a list of
    > must know items on the fold-in cover flap.
    >
    > Good luck.
    > =================

    Hey, thanks for the encouraging words. I am taking a full day off from work
    tomorrow for last-minute preparation. I did this for the Core exam and that
    proved to be very wise!

    Troubleshooting is not a problem for me. What I need to brush up on, as far
    as I can tell, is both the minimum and preferred requirements for installing
    every Windows version. I also need to make sure I know all of the main files
    responsible for booting them and what each one does, and where to find them.
    Anything else someone might care to add? Hurry. The clock is ticking down :)
    Many more thanks in advance!!!

    PlazticSoul, Jun 3, 2004
  4. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    Just a follow-up, I passed and now am waiting on my certificate! :)

    PlazticSoul, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Way to go !

    Celebrate now; don't wait for your mail.
    CompTIA spared no expense on the
    sad, flimsy, peal-off, paper
    card they're sending you.

    =======

    J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+, Jun 4, 2004
  6. PlazticSoul

    mjohns2 Guest

    Congrats... Awesome job

    mjohns2, Jun 5, 2004
  7. PlazticSoul

    > Way to go !
    >
    > Celebrate now; don't wait for your mail.
    > CompTIA spared no expense on the
    > sad, flimsy, peal-off, paper
    > card they're sending you.
    >
    > =======
    > "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message
    >> Just a follow-up, I passed and now am waiting on my certificate! :)

    It's not even certificate-size? It's more like a card? That really sucks. I
    paid $300! You would think for that price, they would issue a fancy,
    gold-embossed certificate, worthy of framing!! :mad:

    PlazticSoul, Jun 5, 2004
  8. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "mjohns2" <> wrote in message
    > Congrats... Awesome job
    >

    > "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message
    >> Just a follow-up, I passed and now am waiting on my certificate! :)

    Thanks. Was really worried because I have had eye paid for the past few
    months and the eye docs say my eyes are just fine. I thought it was an
    allergic reaction to Adderall so I stopped taking that, which really
    impaired my ability to prepare for the exam. I barely passed, but who needs
    to know that? Hehe...

    PlazticSoul, Jun 5, 2004
  9. On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:07:08 -0500, "PlazticSoul"
    <> wrote:

    >"J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+" <> wrote in message
    >> Way to go !
    >>
    >> Celebrate now; don't wait for your mail.
    >> CompTIA spared no expense on the
    >> sad, flimsy, peal-off, paper
    >> card they're sending you.
    >>
    >> =======
    >> "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just a follow-up, I passed and now am waiting on my certificate! :)
    >>>

    >It's not even certificate-size? It's more like a card? That really sucks. I
    >paid $300! You would think for that price, they would issue a fancy,
    >gold-embossed certificate, worthy of framing!! :mad:

    Brainbench certificates are pretty nice...

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 5, 2004
  10. On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:59:44 -0400, "ImhoTech" <>
    wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:07:08 -0500, "PlazticSoul"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+" <> wrote in message

    >> >It's not even certificate-size? It's more like a card? That really sucks.

    >> >paid $300! You would think for that price, they would issue a fancy,
    >> >gold-embossed certificate, worthy of framing!! :mad:
    >> >

    >> Brainbench certificates are pretty nice...
    >>
    >> Tom

    >Kinda sad that the Brainbench certs are actually much better quality
    >certificates than the Comptia ones. Did you get in on those while they were
    >still completely free?

    I got about 15 or 20, I think. I was a Brainbench MVP for awhile also.
    I did more than just IT stuff...Telephone Etiquette, Childcare, Math,
    English, etc...

    They're actually quite similar to some employment aptitude tests, some
    of them anyway.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 8, 2004
  11. On 09 Jun 2004 05:22:15 GMT,
    (SchroedingerzKat) wrote:

    >>I got about 15 or 20, I think. I was a Brainbench MVP for awhile also.
    >>I did more than just IT stuff...Telephone Etiquette, Childcare, Math,
    >>English, etc...
    >>
    >>They're actually quite similar to some employment aptitude tests, some
    >>of them anyway.

    >Does anyone actually put these on their resume? I was thinking about using
    >them as a "pretest" before the traditional certs. Would any employer recognize
    >the Brainbench stuff?
    >
    >Michael

    As I recall, Manpower.com used them as a method for evaluating job
    candidates, at least at one time.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 9, 2004