  1. Mark.

    Mark. Guest

    Anyone have any better than expected results using OS 10.3 on older Macs?

    Mark., Nov 1, 2003

  2. Mark.

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    "Mark." <> wrote:

    > Anyone have any better than expected results using OS 10.3 on older Macs?

    I'd be interested in hearing of any stories, in particular relating to
    the newly unsupported G3 PowerBooks, such as my Aug '98 266 MHz 2nd
    generation WallStreet. Apple says only machines that came with USB are
    supported by 10.3, but I"ve heard that what you *really* need is a
    "NewWorld" ROM.

    It'll probably be a while before XPostFacto is updated for 10.3 :-(

    -- Bruce

    Bruce Hoult, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Mark.

    Peter KERR Guest

    Bruce Hoult <> wrote:

    > It'll probably be a while before XPostFacto is updated for 10.3 :-(

    http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/

    dated 02 November 03

    I am also now working on Panther support (i.e. Mac OS X 10.3),
    both for the models that XPostFacto currently supports and
    for the Beige G3 and "Wallstreet" Powerbooks. It is unlikely
    that I will have Panther support completed for Panther's ship
    date (of October 24), because Apple has not yet released the
    Panther source code. However, I do not expect a long delay
    before Panther support is available.

    Darwin 7.0 source code is now on Apple's site, so unless they've done
    something radical there...

    Peter KERR, Nov 3, 2003