    Thanks

    David

    , Mar 16, 2008

  2. JANA Guest

    If the person is sending from a computer, and the sender knows what he is
    doing he can mask his source as like you can mask an email address when
    sending to someone with email.

    If you are paying for these TEXT messages I would suggest to change your
    phone number and not give it out to anyone unless they can be trusted. This
    may even be a friend of yours that is playing a joke on you unless you
    published your mobile phone number somewhere.

    One way to block the TEXT messaging is to have a landline forwarded to your
    mobile phone. You only give out the land line phone number. TEXT messages
    sent to a phone number can only be sent to a mobile phone.

    An example method of sending TEXT messages as email from a computer to a
    mobile phone is: This method may not exactly
    apply with your particular carrier. This is just an example.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message
    I thought that whenever you received a TEXT message on your cell
    phone, you could automatically tell the phone # of the person who sent
    you the message.

    Lately... I have gotten all kinds of weird TEXT mesages with nothing
    but a string of numbers or letters that make no sense whatsoever.

    How can I tell the number of the person who sends them? Or... can't
    you always do that?

    Thanks

    David

    JANA, Mar 16, 2008

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:29:50 -0400, "JANA" <>
    wrote:

    >If you are paying for these TEXT messages I would suggest to change your
    >phone number

    <SNIP>

    Yes. Makes more sense than calling your carrier and asking them to
    disable text messaging..

    Evan Platt, Mar 16, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Mar 16, 1:45 am, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:29:50 -0400, "JANA" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >If you are paying for these TEXT messages I would suggest to change your
    > >phone number

    > <SNIP>
    >
    > Yes. Makes more sense than calling your carrier and asking them to
    > disable text messaging..

    , Mar 16, 2008