    Hi guys - can you point me in the right direction for the best
    sites/resources to find out origins of surnames?

    Thanks in advance

    *playaz*, Mar 20, 2006

  2. *playaz*

    o00o Guest

    What is your surname??

    o00o, Mar 20, 2006

  3. *playaz*

    John Holmes Guest

    *playaz* blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    www.surnames.com

    > Thanks in advance

    Yeah, sure.

    --
    Your mother was a spotty vegan who used to do unmentionable things to
    chickens on a flagpole.

    John Holmes, Mar 20, 2006
  4. *playaz* wrote:

    > Hi guys - can you point me in the right direction for the best
    > sites/resources to find out origins of surnames?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Ask in group alt.genealogy or a nationality specific group such as
    soc.genealogy.german for German surnames.

    Regards

    Thomas Trenkle, Mar 20, 2006
  5. *playaz*

    1 of 1 Guest

    "*playaz*" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys - can you point me in the right direction for the best
    > sites/resources to find out origins of surnames?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    The first 10 of 88,900,000 using 'genealogy' as the keyword in Google look
    promising. I didn't look at page 2.

    1 of 1, Mar 21, 2006