    sideways on a page? Should the top of the photo be at the outside or
    inside edge? Thanks in advance.
    , May 16, 2007

  2. Bob Williams Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there a standard direction for printing photos that must be printed
    > sideways on a page? Should the top of the photo be at the outside or
    > inside edge? Thanks in advance.

    I think it is just a matter of taste.
    After all it's your picture.
    Why should anyone else dictate to you how you should view your images.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, May 16, 2007

  3. Wayne Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >Is there a standard direction for printing photos that must be printed
    >sideways on a page? Should the top of the photo be at the outside or
    >inside edge? Thanks in advance.

    Landscape should read from the outside edge, with top in towards
    binding, so it reads from near edge instead across the opposite page.

    If double sided, it is surely best to avoid landscape on both facing
    pages. It is going to look tacky no matter how you do it.
    Wayne, May 16, 2007
  4. Allen Guest

    Wayne wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Is there a standard direction for printing photos that must be printed
    >> sideways on a page? Should the top of the photo be at the outside or
    >> inside edge? Thanks in advance.

    > Landscape should read from the outside edge, with top in towards
    > binding, so it reads from near edge instead across the opposite page.
    >
    > If double sided, it is surely best to avoid landscape on both facing
    > pages. It is going to look tacky no matter how you do it.

    In my opinion, which is of course the only correct one, photos should be
    oriented the same direction. By this I mean that a landscape photo
    printed on the verso (even-numbered page in a standard book) should have
    the bottom edge toward the binding, and one on the facing recto page
    should have the top edge toward the binding. Or vice versa if your taste
    prefers the opposite. If the viewer turns the book 90 degrees in one
    direction to view a picture, then he/she shouldn't have to rotate it 180
    degrees to view one on the opposite page.
    Allen
    Allen, May 16, 2007
  5. Roy G Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Wayne wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> Is there a standard direction for printing photos that must be printed
    >>> sideways on a page? Should the top of the photo be at the outside or
    >>> inside edge? Thanks in advance.

    >> Landscape should read from the outside edge, with top in towards binding,
    >> so it reads from near edge instead across the opposite page.
    >>
    >> If double sided, it is surely best to avoid landscape on both facing
    >> pages. It is going to look tacky no matter how you do it.
    >>

    > In my opinion, which is of course the only correct one, photos should be
    > oriented the same direction. By this I mean that a landscape photo printed
    > on the verso (even-numbered page in a standard book) should have the
    > bottom edge toward the binding, and one on the facing recto page should
    > have the top edge toward the binding. Or vice versa if your taste prefers
    > the opposite. If the viewer turns the book 90 degrees in one direction to
    > view a picture, then he/she shouldn't have to rotate it 180 degrees to
    > view one on the opposite page.
    > Allen

    Hi.

    Agreed, but I always like to leave a margin on all 4 sides.

    When the book is rotated to view both images the correct way up the side
    margins should be equal. This takes some care to achieve with most printers.

    Roy G
    Roy G, May 16, 2007