    I'm just trying to avoid using two different photo organisers....

    thanks
    Pete
    PeteD, Sep 12, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 (first DSLR). We already have a
    > Canon P&S.
    >
    > Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Canon ZoomBrowser program
    > to pull in shots from the D80.
    >
    > On my first download I just used XP and copied into a directory but the
    > orientation does not sort itself out. I'm concerned that there may be a
    > loss in quality by doing a rotate in XP.

    Assuming that ZoomBrowser won't do the job for you. Irfanview will do a
    lossless JPG rotation.. PSP9 does it too. I'm sure there are others.

    Not sure about RAW files though..

    T.
    Tony Gartshore, Sep 12, 2006

  3. PeteD

    Joan Guest

    What software came with the D80?

    --
    Joan

    "PeteD" <> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :
    : I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 (first DSLR). We already have a
    : Canon P&S.
    :
    : Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Canon ZoomBrowser
    program
    : to pull in shots from the D80.
    :
    : On my first download I just used XP and copied into a directory but
    the
    : orientation does not sort itself out. I'm concerned that there may
    be a
    : loss in quality by doing a rotate in XP.
    :
    : Is there some sort of thumbnail info file that I need to copy too or
    : something? If so, will the Canon software recognise the Nikon file.
    :
    Joan, Sep 13, 2006
  4. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 13, 2006
  5. PeteD

    Joan Guest

    Joan, Sep 13, 2006
  6. PeteD

    Pete D Guest

    This will be confusing to some with you using that sig.

    Oh well, thats the way it goes.

    Cheers.

    Pete D

    Pete D, Sep 13, 2006
  7. PeteD

    Joan Guest

    I'm not confused at all.

    --
    Joan

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    : This will be confusing to some with you using that sig.
    :
    : Oh well, thats the way it goes.
    :
    : Cheers.
    :
    : Pete D
    :
    : "PeteD" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : > I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 (first DSLR). We already have
    : > Canon P&S.
    : >
    Joan, Sep 13, 2006
  8. PeteD

    Pete D Guest

    LOL.

    I was, wondered what I was posting about.

    Pete D, Sep 13, 2006
  9. PeteD

    PeteD Guest

    Hey,

    Sorry about having a nearly identical name to a regular here!!

    pete

    PeteD, Sep 13, 2006
  10. PeteD

    PeteD Guest

    Picture Project 1.7

    I used a friends version of that previously and found it fairly
    unpleasant. I was trying to use the one program to pull in photos from
    both cameras.

    As recommended above it seems Irfanview would do the trick so maybe I
    need to use that as an organiser for both.

    Cheers
    Pete

    PeteD, Sep 13, 2006
  11. PeteD

    Ace Guest

    PeteD wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > On my first download I just used XP and copied into a directory but the
    > orientation does not sort itself out. I'm concerned that there may be a
    > loss in quality by doing a rotate in XP.

    Pete

    There is a Microsoft program to do what you want to do. It is camera
    specific but imagine your Nikon is included. I use this program with
    PhotoShop elements. It will also work with other editing programs.

    Bob AZ
    Ace, Sep 13, 2006
  12. PeteD

    Pete D Guest

    Thats okay. :)

    Pete D, Sep 13, 2006
  13. PeteD

    Guest

    You can try ACDSee Pro Photo Manager...

    Its a single app that will allow you to acquire from both...

    Extensive support for RAW formats from Nikon, Canon, Konica-Minolta,
    Olympus, Fuji, and Pentax cameras.

    http://www.acdsee.com/products/acdseepro

    Cheers,

    Jason

    PeteD wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 (first DSLR). We already have a
    > Canon P&S.
    >
    > Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Canon ZoomBrowser program
    > to pull in shots from the D80.
    >
    > On my first download I just used XP and copied into a directory but the
    > orientation does not sort itself out. I'm concerned that there may be a
    > loss in quality by doing a rotate in XP.
    >
    > Is there some sort of thumbnail info file that I need to copy too or
    > something? If so, will the Canon software recognise the Nikon file.
    >
    > I'm just trying to avoid using two different photo organisers....
    >
    > thanks
    > Pete
    , Sep 13, 2006
  14. PeteD

    THO Guest

    In article <>,
    "PeteD" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 (first DSLR). We already have a
    > Canon P&S.
    >
    > Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Canon ZoomBrowser program
    > to pull in shots from the D80.
    >
    > On my first download I just used XP and copied into a directory but the
    > orientation does not sort itself out. I'm concerned that there may be a
    > loss in quality by doing a rotate in XP.
    >
    > Is there some sort of thumbnail info file that I need to copy too or
    > something? If so, will the Canon software recognise the Nikon file.
    >
    > I'm just trying to avoid using two different photo organisers....
    >
    > thanks
    > Pete

    It might be worth checking out Google Picassa (free) although I admit
    that I don't recall whether it will download files from cameras. The
    edits within Picassa are non-destructive so rotating won't cause any
    problems.
    THO, Oct 8, 2006