    tell me an address that works.
    This is the address i used: To:
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Actually, this is the address:

    Also ensure there were no accidental spaces when you entered the COA or PID.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005

  3. Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces in the
    PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=, Jun 30, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    Tedman Eng Guest

    I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of 5
    times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
    Firefox once to fill out the form.

    After entering my information, I get the same error message:
    "COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
    "

    I have emailed that address 3 times now.
    I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady copies
    of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"

    A response to any of my emails would be nice.
    A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.

    Better would be if someone would just fix the website!

    Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

    Tedman Eng, Jun 30, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Are you sure your computer has Windows XP Professional? Most HP computers
    come with either WinXP Home of WinXP MCE. If your computer has Windows XP
    Home of WinXP MCE than is does not qualify for the TAP.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 30, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    Tedman Eng Guest

    Yes, I am sure it is XP Pro.
    The COA sticker says "Windows(R) XP Professional"
    Under that it says "HP" as the OEM that built the system.
    Then the key and PID.
    The PID starts with "000" and is the only number that fits into the web form
    properly.

    Here's the order quote:
    Thank you for placing your order with hpshopping.com.

    We will be processing your order # [removed] in two parts. This
    portion includes your customized PC.Your customized HP Pavilion ze2000z
    Customizable NB is estimated to be built by June 24, 2005.The delivery date
    is determined by the shipping method you chose during checkout.

    Your customized PC includes:

    - HP Pavilion ze2000z Customizable NB
    - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional
    - AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-30 (1.6GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
    - 15.0" TFT XGA (1024x768)
    - ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
    - 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)
    - 60 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
    - FREE Upgrade from DVD to DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive!!
    - 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
    - Extra 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

    I have all my paperwork lined up so that I can fax it to Bill Gates himself
    if he would like.

    This is my first computer with XP (I'm a diehard Win2K fan), though at this
    rate I don't know how long XP will stay on the harddrive. What's the point
    of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit cpu? I might as well go back to Win2k if
    I want performance from 32-bits. I hear Fedora x86_64 runs great on my
    laptop though....

    > Are you sure your computer has Windows XP Professional? Most HP computers
    > come with either WinXP Home of WinXP MCE. If your computer has Windows XP
    > Home of WinXP MCE than is does not qualify for the TAP.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
    > > I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of 5
    > > times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
    > > Firefox once to fill out the form.
    > >
    > > After entering my information, I get the same error message:
    > > "COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
    > > "
    > >
    > > I have emailed that address 3 times now.
    > > I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady
    > > copies
    > > of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"
    > >
    > > A response to any of my emails would be nice.
    > > A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.
    > >
    > > Better would be if someone would just fix the website!
    > >

    > > Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    > >

    > > "computerulz" <> wrote in message
    > >> Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces

    in
    > > the
    > >> PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
    > >> Thanks

    or
    > > PID.

    message

    Tedman Eng, Jun 30, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Check your PID against the one on system properties to be sure of the
    number.

    John Barnes, Jun 30, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    Rick Guest

    The numbers that start with "0000" are the COA, not the PID. You will
    only get a PID after the software is installed with a valid Product
    Activation Key.

    Rick, Jun 30, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    Tedman Eng Guest

    Apologies if I was incorrect with my acronyms.

    On the web form, according to my understanding:
    The left entry area corresponds to the sticker (COA/000 thing),
    The right entry area corresponds to My Computer -> Properties
    (xxxx-oem-xxxxxxx-xxxxx).

    I am certain I've entered the numbers in the proper area.

    Doing some further research, I believe that my laptop came "pre-activated"
    from HP.
    It doesn't specify anywhere that OEM activated vs. User activated are not
    eligible for upgrade.
    However, this information may be helpful to the folks at Microsoft
    troubleshooting other users encountering similar problems.

    People are complaining about long waits for the upgrade to arrive, I can't
    even order my upgrade. :(

    Tedman Eng, Jul 1, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Why don't you try each COA only and then PID only.

    John Barnes, Jul 1, 2005
  11. Good advice.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 1, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    Tedman Eng Guest

    As, my previous responses stated, I've already tried just the COA 3 times,
    and just the PID 2 times.

    Since then, I've tried each once an additional time, ever the optimist.
    Still no go. :(
    I've tried entering both at once as well. Same deal, "Invalid COA/PID etc."

    Tedman Eng, Jul 3, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I tried abut 15 times before mine worked. Wouldn't you know that the time
    it worked I was just trying it out at the request of a MSFT person below.
    It finally worked, but by that time I had decided I didn't want to give up
    my x86 license and had already ordered an OEM copy from Directron. I
    personally am glad I have both. I like having the x64 for hobby now and
    eventually my system, and for now I need x86 since virtually none of my work
    stuff will install or work on x64 yet.

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2005
  14. You have until the 31st of July, so keep trying and like John, buying it
    online is the best way to go if you have a short patience.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005