    anywhere else? I know the French version of The Trial is considered the best
    and the French DVD of Metropolis looks to be identical to the German and
    English DVDs (although the English includes a booklet.)
    The Man With No Name, Nov 22, 2005

  2. The Man With No Name

    Pullit Guest

    "The Man With No Name" <> wrote in message
    > The title pretty much says it all, but just to elaborate...
    >
    > For those who didn't know, there's finally a first-rate DVD of Lost
    > Highway available. 1st disk has a new digital-transfer and DTS (English)
    > sound. Second disk has some interviews and such. Considering that Lynch
    > prefers to release his movies with first-rate transfers but no extras,
    > this seems to be pretty much the ultimate Lost Highway DVD.
    >
    > Anyway, it costs $20 postage and handling per order from Amazon.fr, so I'd
    > like to order any other worthwhile DVDs at the same time. Hence, the
    > question; is there a list or something, or a search I can do on
    > dvdcompare.net to find out which DVDs have a better release in France than
    > anywhere else? I know the French version of The Trial is considered the
    > best and the French DVD of Metropolis looks to be identical to the German
    > and English DVDs (although the English includes a booklet.)

    As was kindly suggested to me long ago by another poster in this group,
    postage is much cheaper from Belgium - try using Mediadis (Used to be
    DVDZone2)...

    http://www.mediadis.com/dvd/default.asp

    They don't have the range of Amazon but can't fault their service on the 5
    or so occasions I've ordered from them.
    Pullit, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Roadshow are re-releasing this here next week according to Michaeld's
    site. The features look the same and given that they had access to the
    M2 edition of the recently released Fire Walk With Me you may want to
    hold out?? If not I'll be ordering from France also to replace my
    original Region 4 which was fine save for the reel marker change blips
    appearing throughout and the DD 2.0 track.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers,

    A.
    The_Amalgamut, Nov 23, 2005
  4. "The_Amalgamut" <> wrote in message
    > Roadshow are re-releasing this here next week according to Michaeld's
    > site. The features look the same and given that they had access to the
    > M2 edition of the recently released Fire Walk With Me you may want to
    > hold out?? If not I'll be ordering from France also to replace my
    > original Region 4 which was fine save for the reel marker change blips
    > appearing throughout and the DD 2.0 track.
    >
    > Hope it helps.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > A.

    Magnificent. Thanks for the info.
    The Man With No Name, Nov 23, 2005
  5. On 22 Nov 2005 18:57:50 -0800, The_Amalgamut wrote:

    > Roadshow are re-releasing this here next week according to Michaeld's
    > site. The features look the same and given that they had access to the
    > M2 edition of the recently released Fire Walk With Me you may want to
    > hold out??

    Since this new French Lost Highway release is also from MK2, I would say
    that if Roadshow are putting this out locally next week, waiting to see
    what they do would be well worth it. After all, an identical Fire Walk With
    Me to the French version cost a mere $18 through Roadshow...

    However, no online stores have a new Roadshow version listed, it's not
    mentioned anywhere in Roadshow's own web site release schedule, and the
    details for the release listed at Michael D's site belong to the old Shock
    release (stereo audio, extras lifted from Lynch doco).

    > original Region 4 which was fine save for the reel marker change blips
    > appearing throughout and the DD 2.0 track.

    The original R4 release looks reasonable, but as we already know from
    previous Lynch-approved transfers, the man doesn't stop at "reasonable" :)
    Anthony Horan, Nov 23, 2005