    Anyone have any recommedations?

    Thanks,

    David.
    davidmcw, Feb 4, 2008

  2. davidmcw <> wrote:
    >This question isn't really related to this group,

    Indeed.

    >I'm an expat Scot living in the US. I used to be able to upload my
    >pictures to a British photo site, like Snapfish.co.uk or something,
    >pay for them with my US credit card and get them shipped to my
    >parents, etc, in bonnie Scotland. Now, when I try and do this, my
    >billing address never passes the verification, due to the zip code
    >format, not being the same as a British post code. This used to be
    >very easy, now these systems have gotten to bloody clever for
    >themselves.

    Often I've got the same problem when odering gifts for my friends back in
    Germany. My advise: call the company. Ask _them_ how they want to handle the
    scenario. Often they just never thought about it and are surprised that
    their great new and expensive ordering system rejects willing customers.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 4, 2008

  3. davidmcw

    Roy G Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    > davidmcw <> wrote:
    >>This question isn't really related to this group,

    > Indeed.
    >
    >>I'm an expat Scot living in the US. I used to be able to upload my
    >>pictures to a British photo site, like Snapfish.co.uk or something,
    >>pay for them with my US credit card and get them shipped to my
    >>parents, etc, in bonnie Scotland. Now, when I try and do this, my
    >>billing address never passes the verification, due to the zip code
    >>format, not being the same as a British post code. This used to be
    >>very easy, now these systems have gotten to bloody clever for
    >>themselves.

    > Often I've got the same problem when odering gifts for my friends back in
    > Germany. My advise: call the company. Ask _them_ how they want to handle
    > the
    > scenario. Often they just never thought about it and are surprised that
    > their great new and expensive ordering system rejects willing customers.
    >
    > jue

    Hi

    These idiot computer ordering systems, don't allow any exceptions to their
    own in-built idiotic rules, because the pointy headed designer has no
    knowledge of the real world.

    If I want to order from 7dayshop dot com, I have to missspell my address.
    Their system won't accept a town name with less than 4 letters.

    It has a population of 75,000, is the the County Town of South Ayrshire, and
    was granted its Royal Charter around 1200ad, but according to their computer
    there can be no such place as "Ayr".

    Roy G
    Roy G, Feb 5, 2008
  4. davidmcw

    ZenDiver Guest

    davidmcw wrote:
    > This question isn't really related to this group, but I'm curious if
    > anyone out there has any input.
    >
    > I'm an expat Scot living in the US. I used to be able to upload my
    > pictures to a British photo site, like Snapfish.co.uk or something,
    > pay for them with my US credit card and get them shipped to my
    > parents, etc, in bonnie Scotland. Now, when I try and do this, my
    > billing address never passes the verification, due to the zip code
    > format, not being the same as a British post code. This used to be
    > very easy, now these systems have gotten to bloody clever for
    > themselves.
    >
    > Anyone have any recommedations?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David.

    For prints in the UK the most frequently recommended site is Photobox.co.uk
    They accept international customers, will deliver anywhere in the world,
    and the also accept Paypal as well as credit cards so you shouldn't have
    any problems with your address not working.
    ZenDiver, Feb 5, 2008
  5. ZenDiver wrote:
    []
    > For prints in the UK the most frequently recommended site is
    > Photobox.co.uk They accept international customers, will deliver
    > anywhere in the world, and the also accept Paypal as well as credit
    > cards so you shouldn't have any problems with your address not
    > working.

    I'd second that recommendation - for the price the quality of their
    prints, calendars, mugs, drinks mats, T-shirts etc. is excellent.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 5, 2008