Orconn

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Hey funny stuff checkout the date!

    Hi,

    Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon Internet.

    - Username:
    - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    - Our Order Reference:
    - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX

    We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that your
    RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:

    - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25

    This represents the date on which Telecom will attempt to carry out the
    line upgrade or cancellation.

    The above RFS date is only for your BitStream broadband connection. If you
    have ordered Orcon Tolls as well, you will be notified separately the
    activation date of your toll call service.

    PLEASE NOTE: An RFS date is at best an indication, and not a guarantee
    that an order will be carried out. We suggest that you test your
    connection the following day to determine whether your new connection is
    active. If your order has not been completed by 2 WORKING days after the
    RFS date, please advise our helpdesk so we can follow this up with
    Telecom.

    Your DSL router will need the following username entered under the PPP or
    WAN settings:

    Username: @orcon.net.nz
    [Enter this full string as your username, which may not necessarily
    be your email address].

    The password will be your usual account password.

    Further information on your router settings can be found at
    http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/settings/dsl/

    BUSINESS CUSTOMERS: Please note that if you are changing from a JetStream
    account, then your IP address will change when your new BitStream
    connection goes live. Please ensure your technician is aware of this and
    makes any necessary adjustments.

    If you have any questions, please email us at or call
    on the number below.

    Best regards,

    The Orcon Team

    Orcon Internet Limited
    www.orcon.net.nz/help/
    09-444-4414 or 0508-4ORCON
    8:00am - 8:00 pm Weekdays
    11:00am - 8pm Weekends/Public Holiday
    Craig Sutton, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Craig Sutton

    Shane Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon Internet.
    >
    > - Username:
    > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > - Our Order Reference:
    > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    >
    > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that your
    > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    >
    > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25

    Least you have a date :p
    I ordered adsl on my line on the 11th of Feb. Telecom claimed for 2 weeks
    that I had given ihug the incorrect details (after several phone calls to
    and fro they realised I hadnt)
    Then it was discovered that Telecom had an open service order on my line...
    because they had decided that I had xtra adsl in Tauranga, that I was going
    to have xtra adsl in Hamilton (I explicitly told the guy I didnt want adsl
    put on when I changed the line from there to here)
    Oh and just for kicks.. I rang Telecom up and asked when I was going to get
    the bill for January, The lady on the phone told me I had been sent the
    bill to my new address... in Auckland
    (They managed to put the phone line on to Hamilton but sent the bill to the
    same address in Auckland)
    Im now not so sure about Telecom being malevolent, just incompetent.
    Shane, Mar 3, 2006

  3. "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon Internet.
    >
    > - Username:
    > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > - Our Order Reference:
    > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    >
    > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that your
    > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    >
    > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25
    >
    > This represents the date on which Telecom will attempt to carry out the
    > line upgrade or cancellation.
    >
    > The above RFS date is only for your BitStream broadband connection. If you
    > have ordered Orcon Tolls as well, you will be notified separately the
    > activation date of your toll call service.
    >

    > PLEASE NOTE: An RFS date is at best an indication, and not a guarantee
    > that an order will be carried out. We suggest that you test your
    > connection the following day to determine whether your new connection is
    > active. If your order has not been completed by 2 WORKING days after the
    > RFS date, please advise our helpdesk so we can follow this up with
    > Telecom.
    >
    > Your DSL router will need the following username entered under the PPP or
    > WAN settings:
    >
    > Username: @orcon.net.nz
    > [Enter this full string as your username, which may not necessarily
    > be your email address].
    >
    > The password will be your usual account password.
    >
    > Further information on your router settings can be found at
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/settings/dsl/
    >
    > BUSINESS CUSTOMERS: Please note that if you are changing from a JetStream
    > account, then your IP address will change when your new BitStream
    > connection goes live. Please ensure your technician is aware of this and
    > makes any necessary adjustments.
    >

    > If you have any questions, please email us at or call
    > on the number below.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > The Orcon Team
    >
    > Orcon Internet Limited
    > www.orcon.net.nz/help/
    > 09-444-4414 or 0508-4ORCON
    > 8:00am - 8:00 pm Weekdays
    > 11:00am - 8pm Weekends/Public Holiday

    Just wait until number portability comes into this country - then you'll
    know about it.

    Whenever competitive companies try to cooperate, hell breaks loose.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Shane wrote:

    > Im now not so sure about Telecom being malevolent, just incompetent.

    I remember back when I switched from wholesale Jetstream to UBS (both
    with Ihug) that it could only be done on the date of your billing
    period, meaning a wait of up to a month. I thought that was obsece. Now
    I've now discovered it's the exact same deal when switching to a faster
    UBS speed.
    I'm A Trampoline, Mar 3, 2006
  5. Craig Sutton

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon Internet.
    >
    > - Username:
    > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > - Our Order Reference:
    > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    >
    > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that your
    > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    >
    > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25

    Yes, but is that in the morning or the afternoon?

    :)
    -=rjh=-, Mar 3, 2006
  6. On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:39:16 +1300, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon Internet.
    >
    > - Username:
    > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > - Our Order Reference:
    > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    >
    > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that your
    > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    >
    > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25
    >
    > This represents the date on which Telecom will attempt to carry out the
    > line upgrade or cancellation.
    >
    > The above RFS date is only for your BitStream broadband connection. If you
    > have ordered Orcon Tolls as well, you will be notified separately the
    > activation date of your toll call service.
    >

    > PLEASE NOTE: An RFS date is at best an indication, and not a guarantee
    > that an order will be carried out. We suggest that you test your
    > connection the following day to determine whether your new connection is
    > active. If your order has not been completed by 2 WORKING days after the
    > RFS date, please advise our helpdesk so we can follow this up with
    > Telecom.
    >
    > Your DSL router will need the following username entered under the PPP or
    > WAN settings:
    >
    > Username: @orcon.net.nz
    > [Enter this full string as your username, which may not necessarily
    > be your email address].
    >
    > The password will be your usual account password.
    >
    > Further information on your router settings can be found at
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/settings/dsl/
    >
    > BUSINESS CUSTOMERS: Please note that if you are changing from a JetStream
    > account, then your IP address will change when your new BitStream
    > connection goes live. Please ensure your technician is aware of this and
    > makes any necessary adjustments.
    >

    > If you have any questions, please email us at or call
    > on the number below.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > The Orcon Team
    >
    > Orcon Internet Limited
    > www.orcon.net.nz/help/
    > 09-444-4414 or 0508-4ORCON
    > 8:00am - 8:00 pm Weekdays
    > 11:00am - 8pm Weekends/Public Holiday

    Telecom wish you a Merry Christmas :)
    wogers nemesis, Mar 3, 2006
  7. T'was the Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:39:16 +1300 when I remembered "Craig
    Sutton" <> saying something like this:

    >Hey funny stuff checkout the date!

    Totally not surprising. I tried tonight ringing up Orcon to cancel my
    tolls. 40 minutes later my flatmate told me to give up and try again
    tomorrow.

    So I can't comment about their helpdesk, I never heard it:)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Mar 3, 2006
  8. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >
    > > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon

    Internet.

    > > - Username:
    > > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > > - Our Order Reference:
    > > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    > >
    > > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that

    your
    > > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    > >
    > > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25

    > Least you have a date :p

    No I'm happy with my Ihug..this was sent to me by a friend...
    Craig Sutton, Mar 3, 2006
  9. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    > > Hey funny stuff checkout the date!
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Thank you for your request to get broadband access through Orcon

    Internet.

    > > - Username:
    > > - Order Type: UBS: Failed Self Install - Wiring Only
    > > - Our Order Reference:
    > > - DSL Phone Number: XXXXX
    > >
    > > We have lodged your order with Telecom, and they have advised us that

    your
    > > RFS (Ready For Service) date is as follows:
    > >
    > > - Current RFS Date: 2009-12-25
    > >

    > Yes, but is that in the morning or the afternoon?

    12 a.m down the chimney?
    Craig Sutton, Mar 3, 2006