  1. Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.

    Anyone got another open DNS server address ??
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Collector»NZ

    Mark C Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in
    news:467237d9$:

    > Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    > appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >
    > Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

    Orcon's DNS servers are working for me at the mo'

    60.234.1.1/dns1.orcon.net.nz
    60.234.2.2/dns2.orcon.net.nz

    (Note that 210.55.12.1/ns1.orcon.net.nz and
    210.55.12.2/ns2.orcon.net.nz are still around, but are not the
    'official' DNS servers.)
    Mark C, Jun 15, 2007

  3. Collector»NZ

    Rob S Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    > appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >
    > Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

    Opendns.com
    208.67.222.222
    208.67.220.220

    --

    Rob
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

    Home is where you hang your @
    Rob S, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Collector»NZ

    mario Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    > appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >
    > Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

    208.67.222.222
    208.67.220.220

    mario
    mario, Jun 15, 2007
  5. Rob S wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    >> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >>
    >> Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

    > Opendns.com
    > 208.67.222.222
    > 208.67.220.220

    Thanks all, outage lasted about 3/4 hour then came back. Must have been
    something affecting my DSL haul pool only
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007
  6. Collector»NZ

    XPD Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they appear
    > to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >
    > Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

    Xtras :p
    XPD, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Collector»NZ

    peterwn Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    > appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.

    AFAIK Kordia (formerly BCL) is a stand alone SOE and is no longer part
    of TVNZ, so one would not call it a 'media' company.

    It seems that Kordia is a very good bet for delivering broadband
    internet to large chunks of population as well as significant rural
    areas ie those in line of sight of Kodia facilities (eg Waiatarua, Mt Te
    Aroha, Warite, Mt Taranaki, Mt Kau Kau etc etc).

    So let us wish Orcon (now owned by Kordia) all the best for the future.
    peterwn, Jun 15, 2007
  8. peterwn wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
    >> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
    >>

    > AFAIK Kordia (formerly BCL) is a stand alone SOE and is no longer part
    > of TVNZ, so one would not call it a 'media' company.
    >
    > It seems that Kordia is a very good bet for delivering broadband
    > internet to large chunks of population as well as significant rural
    > areas ie those in line of sight of Kodia facilities (eg Waiatarua, Mt Te
    > Aroha, Warite, Mt Taranaki, Mt Kau Kau etc etc).
    >
    > So let us wish Orcon (now owned by Kordia) all the best for the future.

    Seeby's shout.
    Mark Robinson, Jun 16, 2007