    the old 10gb plan was fine.) At the current rate my torrents are going
    on Go Large, i'll be lucky to use 7GB this month. Must be the greedy
    bastards who plan on doing 100GB, an unlimited plan is a stupid idea anyway.
    David, Nov 11, 2006

  2. On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:49:58 +1300, David wrote:

    > So, Orcon's 15gb for $50 FS/128 plan is starting to look like a good
    > alternative to Xtra Go Large, How is the performance, especially p2p?

    Why do you consider 128kbps to be good?

    Aquilegia Alyssum

    --
    "The only way Vista client and Longhorn server would make sense
    would be if [the] company was doing a 'forklift upgrade' on its
    Aquilegia Alyssum, Nov 11, 2006

  3. David

    steve Guest

    David wrote:

    > So, Orcon's 15gb for $50 FS/128 plan is starting to look like a good
    > alternative to Xtra Go Large, How is the performance, especially p2p?
    > Most of my data usage comes from torrents (but I don't use that much,
    > the old 10gb plan was fine.) At the current rate my torrents are going
    > on Go Large, i'll be lucky to use 7GB this month. Must be the greedy
    > bastards who plan on doing 100GB, an unlimited plan is a stupid idea
    > anyway.

    Orcon's downward bittorrent traffic can slow between roughly 6pm and 9-10pm,
    but is generally OK prior to, or after, those (peak) times.

    Upward traffic doesn't appear to have any issues (512k up here).
    steve, Nov 11, 2006
  4. David

    David Empson Guest

    Aquilegia Alyssum <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:49:58 +1300, David wrote:
    >
    > > So, Orcon's 15gb for $50 FS/128 plan is starting to look like a good
    > > alternative to Xtra Go Large, How is the performance, especially p2p?

    > Why do you consider 128kbps to be good?

    He didn't say say that it was good. He said it was a good alternative to
    Go Large (same price, same theoretical download and upload speed,
    reasonable amount of data, hopefully better real speed, no official
    policy on traffic shaping for file sharing or fair use policy).

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Nov 11, 2006
  5. David

    David Guest

    steve wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >
    >> So, Orcon's 15gb for $50 FS/128 plan is starting to look like a good
    >> alternative to Xtra Go Large, How is the performance, especially p2p?
    >> Most of my data usage comes from torrents (but I don't use that much,
    >> the old 10gb plan was fine.) At the current rate my torrents are going
    >> on Go Large, i'll be lucky to use 7GB this month. Must be the greedy
    >> bastards who plan on doing 100GB, an unlimited plan is a stupid idea
    >> anyway.

    > Orcon's downward bittorrent traffic can slow between roughly 6pm and 9-10pm,
    > but is generally OK prior to, or after, those (peak) times.
    >
    > Upward traffic doesn't appear to have any issues (512k up here).

    Well I'll have a last complaint to Xtra tomorrow, threaten to change
    ISPs etc, and then I probably will. I set a couple of well seeded
    torrents to download last night, about 500mb total, and expected them to
    be done this morning, instead they're still coming down at about 10kb/s.
    David, Nov 11, 2006
  6. David

    Earl Grey Guest

    Aquilegia Alyssum wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:49:58 +1300, David wrote:
    >
    >> So, Orcon's 15gb for $50 FS/128 plan is starting to look like a good
    >> alternative to Xtra Go Large, How is the performance, especially p2p?

    > Why do you consider 128kbps to be good?
    >

    > Aquilegia Alyssum

    Its better than your 28.8kbps dialup upload speed, but not as good as my
    2Mbps cable upload speed
    Earl Grey, Nov 11, 2006