Orcon usage meter

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Anyone know how accurate this is ? I though I'd check my usage after
    reading the thread about the email Orcon sent out to customers, which I
    haven't received yet.

    Checking my usage page shows for the current cycle 9/1/2005 to 2/2/2005
    Total time online = 1,672 hours (thats over 69 days)
    Uploads 11,204 MB
    Downloads 4,895 MB
    Total 16,099 MB

    This seems alot as I have never gone over the 3GB limit of the old
    Jetstart account. The only thing I have done over my "normal" usage is
    run a torrent that used about 2.2 GB total which roughly shows up correctly.

    OK I just added up all the amounts my self and came up with:

    Uploads 2,279 MB
    Downloads 2,506 MB
    Total 4,785 MB

    I guess the question should be which set of figures are correct, if either ?

    Chris Mayhew, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Chris Mayhew

    elsamo Guest

    wheres orcons useage page?
    elsamo, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Chris Mayhew

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:14:03 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > Checking my usage page shows for the current cycle 9/1/2005 to 2/2/2005
    > Total time online = 1,672 hours (thats over 69 days)
    > Uploads 11,204 MB
    > Downloads 4,895 MB
    > Total 16,099 MB
    >
    > This seems alot as I have never gone over the 3GB limit of the old
    > Jetstart account. The only thing I have done over my "normal" usage is
    > run a torrent that used about 2.2 GB total which roughly shows up correctly.
    >
    > OK I just added up all the amounts my self and came up with:
    >
    > Uploads 2,279 MB
    > Downloads 2,506 MB
    > Total 4,785 MB

    How about both are correct. Remember Orcon is saying that you have done
    their amount in 69 days. Well not really right, but yiou get the picture.
    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:14:03 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >

    >>Checking my usage page shows for the current cycle 9/1/2005 to 2/2/2005
    >>Total time online = 1,672 hours (thats over 69 days)
    >>Uploads 11,204 MB
    >>Downloads 4,895 MB
    >>Total 16,099 MB
    >>
    >>This seems alot as I have never gone over the 3GB limit of the old
    >>Jetstart account. The only thing I have done over my "normal" usage is
    >>run a torrent that used about 2.2 GB total which roughly shows up correctly.
    >>
    >>OK I just added up all the amounts my self and came up with:
    >>
    >>Uploads 2,279 MB
    >>Downloads 2,506 MB
    >>Total 4,785 MB

    > How about both are correct. Remember Orcon is saying that you have done
    > their amount in 69 days. Well not really right, but yiou get the picture.

    Well January did seem like a long month with all that rain, but i'm sure
    it wasn't 69 days long :)

    Even if you divide the total in half it's still nearly twice the total I
    did in one month.

    I guess I should have asked "How accurate are these figures ?"

    Chris Mayhew, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    elsamo wrote:
    > wheres orcons useage page?

    In the "My Account" section under the old interface.

    Chris Mayhew, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Chris Mayhew

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    what about bandwidth monitor you can try use protemac.com ProteMac Meter.It;s really nice prog)
    Williams, Sep 14, 2010