    date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we have been
    switched over 5 days earlier.

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Mike_P

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > Got switched over today... was originally told via email that switch over
    > date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we have been
    > switched over 5 days earlier.
    >
    > Mike_P

    So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.

    They're really kcking that UBS along now.

    -=rjh=-, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Mike_P

    Hmmm Guest

    Great stuff!!, looking forward to some of that 256kbits action too :)

    Hmmm, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message news:417f2459_4@127.0.0.1...
    > Mike_P wrote:
    >> Got switched over today... was originally told via email that switch over
    >> date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we have
    >> been switched over 5 days earlier.
    >>
    >> Mike_P
    >>

    > So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.
    >
    > They're really kcking that UBS along now.

    Well you don't see me complaining, do you ?
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004
  5. My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.

    I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    been informed of any date yet.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Mike_P

    Starkey Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:32:55 +1300, The Other Guy <>
    wrote:

    >My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    >and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
    >
    >I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    >been informed of any date yet.
    >
    >The Other Guy
    >
    >Mike_P wrote:
    >> Got switched over today... was originally told via email that switch over
    >> date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we have been
    >> switched over 5 days earlier.
    >>
    >> Mike_P

    yeah same here i was wondering what the 30$ was for

    Starkey, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    > My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    > and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
    >
    > I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    > been informed of any date yet.
    >
    > The Other Guy

    Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov and
    then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you might get
    switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Mike_P

    Hmmm Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    >>and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
    >>
    >>I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    >>been informed of any date yet.
    >>
    >>The Other Guy
    >>

    > Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov and
    > then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you might get
    > switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

    How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
    or did you just notice the speed increase?

    Hmmm, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    "Hmmm" <> wrote in message news:417f45ef_4@127.0.0.1...
    > Mike_P wrote:
    >> "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    >>>and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
    >>>
    >>>I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    >>>been informed of any date yet.
    >>>
    >>>The Other Guy
    >>>

    >> Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov
    >> and then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you
    >> might get switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

    > How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
    > or did you just notice the speed increase?

    Nope, DSL just died this morning... rung Orcon to see what the prob was and
    they said they would have to ring me back. They rung back within 5 mins and
    said Telecom had switched me over early (apparently been doing so with a
    large number of users all day!), gave me the new logon info (e.g.: change
    *username*@fastadsl.net.nz to *username*@orcon.net.nz) and off we went
    again. Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
    it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004
  10. Mike_P

    Andrew Guest

    Hmmm, when stopped by the local constabulary on 27/10/2004 8:02 p.m.,
    made the following statement:

    > How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
    > or did you just notice the speed increase?

    I got an email from them. Yes, the date is correct.

    --
    Andrew
    http://www.evil.geek.nz/

    Andrew, Oct 27, 2004
  11. Mike_P

    MarkH Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in

    > Got switched over today... was originally told via email that switch
    > over date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we
    > have been switched over 5 days earlier.

    I just got my E-Mail today, said I will be switched over on the 5th
    November. Oh well, better late than never I suppose. I'm getting sick of
    this slow 128k stuff.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Oct 27, 2004
  12. -=rjh=- wrote:
    > So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.
    > They're really kcking that UBS along now.

    well they have doubled the number that we switched over from yesterday.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.
    >> They're really kcking that UBS along now.

    > well they have doubled the number that we switched over from yesterday.

    gah...
    replace we with they... I dont work there...

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  14. Mike_P wrote:
    > Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
    > it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).

    it's not all rosie... Orcon still have to pay Telecom, so either way,
    you're still paying them, albeit less and indirectly.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  15. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    > Mike_P wrote:
    >> Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now it's
    >> *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).

    > it's not all rosie... Orcon still have to pay Telecom, so either way,
    > you're still paying them, albeit less and indirectly.

    Yeah true... but before I was paying Telecom ~$39 & Orcon $10, now I pay
    Telecom nothing. I know Orcon have to pay Telecom but still, it makes me
    feel better !
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004
  16. On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:53:41 +1300, Mike_P wrote:

    > "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    >> My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
    >> and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
    >>
    >> I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
    >> been informed of any date yet.
    >>
    >> The Other Guy
    >>

    > Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov and
    > then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you might get
    > switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

    Hmm I'm supposed to be shifted but had no email telling me how to do it.
    I just looked up their help site and put it my orcon
    and it seems to be using bitstream. I don't know if the ordinary punter
    will do this though...

    wogers nemesis, Oct 28, 2004
  17. Mike_P

    Mutley Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote:

    >"Hmmm" <> wrote in message news:417f45ef_4@127.0.0.1...
    >> Mike_P wrote:
    >>> "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov
    >>> and then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you
    >>> might get switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

    >> How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
    >> or did you just notice the speed increase?
    >>

    > Nope, DSL just died this morning... rung Orcon to see what the prob was and
    >they said they would have to ring me back. They rung back within 5 mins and
    >said Telecom had switched me over early (apparently been doing so with a
    >large number of users all day!), gave me the new logon info (e.g.: change
    >*username*@fastadsl.net.nz to *username*@orcon.net.nz) and off we went
    >again. Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
    >it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).
    >
    >Mike_P

    My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
    logging in as nothing. Next month??

    I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
    I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
    again..

    Anyone else get their's changed over today??
    Mutley, Oct 29, 2004
  18. Mike_P

    [John] Guest

    Mutley wrote:
    > "Mike_P" <> wrote:

    >>>How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
    >>>or did you just notice the speed increase?
    >>>

    >>Nope, DSL just died this morning... rung Orcon to see what the prob was and
    >>they said they would have to ring me back. They rung back within 5 mins and
    >>said Telecom had switched me over early (apparently been doing so with a
    >>large number of users all day!), gave me the new logon info (e.g.: change
    >>*username*@fastadsl.net.nz to *username*@orcon.net.nz) and off we went
    >>again. Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
    >>it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).
    >>
    >>Mike_P
    >>

    > My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
    > logging in as nothing. Next month??
    >
    > I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
    > I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
    > again..
    >

    > Anyone else get their's changed over today??

    Nothing happened?
    What do you mean by that?

    [John], Oct 29, 2004
  19. Mike_P

    Mutley Guest

    "[John] " <""coupdat\"@_no)spam.gmail.comc"> wrote:

    >Mutley wrote:

    >> My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
    >> logging in as nothing. Next month??
    >>
    >> I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
    >> I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
    >> again..
    >>

    >> Anyone else get their's changed over today??
    >>

    >Nothing happened?
    >What do you mean by that?

    No connection to Orcon.. Had to put my old Jetsurf ID back in to
    connect..
    Mutley, Oct 29, 2004
  20. Mike_P

    [John] Guest

    Mutley wrote:
    > "[John] " <""coupdat\"@_no)spam.gmail.comc"> wrote:
    >

    >>Mutley wrote:

    >>>My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
    >>>logging in as nothing. Next month??
    >>>
    >>>I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
    >>>I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
    >>>again..
    >>>

    >>>Anyone else get their's changed over today??
    >>>

    >>Nothing happened?
    >>What do you mean by that?
    >>

    > No connection to Orcon.. Had to put my old Jetsurf ID back in to
    > connect..

    Perhaps you should call Orcon to find out why.

    [John], Oct 29, 2004