Orcon UBS Homepage..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by DoggNZ, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    DoggNZ, Mar 13, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. DoggNZ

    EMB Guest

    DoggNZ wrote:
    > Anyone here on Orcon UBS have access to their free webpage? I rang
    > them about it 2 months ago and was told it would be about a week...


    Mine's been working fine for the last few weeks (haven't uploaded since
    Friday but all was ok then).


    --
    EMB
    EMB, Mar 14, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. DoggNZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    -=rjh=-, Mar 14, 2005
    #3
  4. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:45:07 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >DoggNZ wrote:
    >> Anyone here on Orcon UBS have access to their free webpage? I rang
    >> them about it 2 months ago and was told it would be about a week...

    >
    >Mine's been working fine for the last few weeks (haven't uploaded since
    >Friday but all was ok then).


    Dumn question but where do you get to it?

    --
    BOINC SETI
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off
    DoggNZ, Mar 14, 2005
    #4
  5. DoggNZ

    EMB Guest

    DoggNZ wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:45:07 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>DoggNZ wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone here on Orcon UBS have access to their free webpage? I rang
    >>>them about it 2 months ago and was told it would be about a week...

    >>
    >>Mine's been working fine for the last few weeks (haven't uploaded since
    >>Friday but all was ok then).

    >
    >
    > Dumn question but where do you get to it?
    >


    ftp://ftp.mysitename.orcon.net.nz

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Mar 14, 2005
    #5
  6. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:15:43 +1300, DoggNZ
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:45:07 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >>DoggNZ wrote:
    >>> Anyone here on Orcon UBS have access to their free webpage? I rang
    >>> them about it 2 months ago and was told it would be about a week...

    >>
    >>Mine's been working fine for the last few weeks (haven't uploaded since
    >>Friday but all was ok then).

    >
    >Dumn question but where do you get to it?


    *dumb*

    --
    BOINC SETI
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off
    DoggNZ, Mar 14, 2005
    #6
  7. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:15:54 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >DoggNZ wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:45:07 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>DoggNZ wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Anyone here on Orcon UBS have access to their free webpage? I rang
    >>>>them about it 2 months ago and was told it would be about a week...
    >>>
    >>>Mine's been working fine for the last few weeks (haven't uploaded since
    >>>Friday but all was ok then).

    >>
    >>
    >> Dumn question but where do you get to it?
    >>

    >
    >ftp://ftp.mysitename.orcon.net.nz


    Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(

    --
    BOINC SETI
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off
    DoggNZ, Mar 14, 2005
    #7
  8. DoggNZ

    EMB Guest

    DoggNZ wrote:

    >
    > Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(


    Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Mar 14, 2005
    #8
  9. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:19:37 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >DoggNZ wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(

    >
    >Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.


    Okay. I rang and was told they don't offer a free webpage with
    Bitstream anymore.?? WTF? I can see why everyone in here is wanting to
    change to another ISP.

    --
    BOINC SETI
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off
    DoggNZ, Mar 15, 2005
    #9
  10. DoggNZ wrote:
    >>>Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(

    >>Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.


    > Okay. I rang and was told they don't offer a free webpage with
    > Bitstream anymore.?? WTF? I can see why everyone in here is wanting to
    > change to another ISP.


    heh, they do however still offer it to everyone else still.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
    #10
  11. DoggNZ

    Mutlley Guest

    DoggNZ <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:19:37 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >>DoggNZ wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(

    >>
    >>Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.

    >
    >Okay. I rang and was told they don't offer a free webpage with
    >Bitstream anymore.?? WTF? I can see why everyone in here is wanting to
    >change to another ISP.


    Interesting. Maybe that's why I can't add or delete anything on mine
    since I went to UBS. Get a "You have no rights etc " message..
    Have emailed them about it again.
    Mutlley, Mar 15, 2005
    #11
  12. DoggNZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > DoggNZ wrote:
    >
    >>>> Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(
    >>>
    >>> Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.

    >
    >
    >> Okay. I rang and was told they don't offer a free webpage with
    >> Bitstream anymore.?? WTF? I can see why everyone in here is wanting to
    >> change to another ISP.

    >
    >
    > heh, they do however still offer it to everyone else still.


    No, they don't. I just checked - they've dropped free web hosting, there
    isn't any mention of it on their pages; in fact the page of free "Online
    Services" only shows FreeMail, it looks quite lonely there by itself.

    Looks like, if you didn't get around to creating your free website, you
    missed out. I'm surprised they've done this - surely if it is all up and
    running smoothly it wouldn't be costing much to run as a service?
    -=rjh=-, Mar 15, 2005
    #12
  13. -=rjh=- said the following on 15/03/2005 3:53 p.m.:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> DoggNZ wrote:


    >
    > No, they don't. I just checked - they've dropped free web hosting, there
    > isn't any mention of it on their pages; in fact the page of free "Online
    > Services" only shows FreeMail, it looks quite lonely there by itself.
    >
    > Looks like, if you didn't get around to creating your free website, you
    > missed out. I'm surprised they've done this - surely if it is all up and
    > running smoothly it wouldn't be costing much to run as a service?


    He He Just one thing *SLASHDOT* oh shit happens (and did the $10 wifi
    antenna)

    --
    >>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

    ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    ======================================================================
    "I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine......
    However, this is not necessarily a good idea...."
    Collector»NZ, Mar 15, 2005
    #13
  14. DoggNZ

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > DoggNZ wrote:
    >
    >>>> Hmm..normal username and password? Doesn't work for me :(
    >>>
    >>> Yep, normal username and password, same as for orcon free email.

    >
    >
    >> Okay. I rang and was told they don't offer a free webpage with
    >> Bitstream anymore.?? WTF? I can see why everyone in here is wanting to
    >> change to another ISP.

    >
    >
    > heh, they do however still offer it to everyone else still.

    Grrr Just Checked my site that uses immages on the free orcon site and
    my immages dont show up, can ftp into site and put stuff on and off but
    cant view any content with a HTTP browser:( mine was started when I got
    a dile up acdount so I pay? but under the guise of a freee for life thing.

    --
    http://cooze.co.nz home of the RecyclerMan aka Robert Cooze

    / __/ / / / / /__ / / ___/ / __/ / / / |/ / /__ /
    / / / /_/ / / /_/ / _-' / __/ / / / /_/ / / /| / _-'
    ___\ ____/ ____/ /___/ /____/ /_/ ___\ ____/ /_/ /_/ |_/ /___/

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Robert Cooze, Mar 15, 2005
    #14
  15. DoggNZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > -=rjh=- said the following on 15/03/2005 3:53 p.m.:
    >
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>> DoggNZ wrote:

    >
    >
    >>
    >> No, they don't. I just checked - they've dropped free web hosting,
    >> there isn't any mention of it on their pages; in fact the page of free
    >> "Online Services" only shows FreeMail, it looks quite lonely there by
    >> itself.
    >>
    >> Looks like, if you didn't get around to creating your free website,
    >> you missed out. I'm surprised they've done this - surely if it is all
    >> up and running smoothly it wouldn't be costing much to run as a service?

    >
    >
    > He He Just one thing *SLASHDOT* oh shit happens (and did the $10 wifi
    > antenna)
    >

    Possibly, but Orcon coped with that very well, and it doesn't happen
    very often.

    Orcon have dropped mention of free web hosting in their free services
    page, *but* it is still listed as a service on their Bitstream page* and
    I know they are still offering the service because they are supposed to
    give 30 days notice by email if they discontinue a service. :)


    * http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/

    ============================
    FEATURES Back to top
    True Flatrate Surfing
    Some other ISPs offering DSL services only let you download a certain
    amount of data from the internet before they either:


    * Slow you down, or

    * Charge you additional fees.


    With Orcon BitStream, you enjoy full-speed internet - all the time, and
    there's no additional charges.
    Lifetime Email Address / Webmail
    Get your own @orcon.net.nz email address and keep it for life, no matter
    which ISP you're with. Access your email while on the go through our
    Webmail interface.
    Spam & Virus Checking
    All our dialup and DSL filters come with spam and virus checking to
    protect you against internet nasties.
    Free Personal Website
    Get 10Mb of website space free and upload your photos, etc to your own
    website: youname.orcon.net.nz
    ===========================
    -=rjh=-, Mar 15, 2005
    #15
  16. DoggNZ

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:56:24 +1300, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >
    >Orcon have dropped mention of free web hosting in their free services
    >page, *but* it is still listed as a service on their Bitstream page* and
    >I know they are still offering the service because they are supposed to
    >give 30 days notice by email if they discontinue a service. :)
    >

    <snip>

    Okay..when I saw this I gave them a ring and they assured me that they
    are still offering it for Bitstream but just don't have it working
    yet. I was told that when they get their new interface working
    properly they *should* have the free webpage back up and running. This
    wasn't what I was told yesterday when I called. I wish they would sort
    their s**t out!

    --
    BOINC SETI
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off
    DoggNZ, Mar 15, 2005
    #16
  17. DoggNZ

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Hmm. They have been having some problems, but my sites appear to be
    working at the moment.

    Really going to be annoying if they take away free space from actual
    members.
    Steven Ellis, Mar 15, 2005
    #17
  18. DoggNZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:
    > Hmm. They have been having some problems, but my sites appear to be
    > working at the moment.


    Refreshed the browser cache recently?
    >
    > Really going to be annoying if they take away free space from actual
    > members.
    >


    It would be, but we shall see...
    -=rjh=-, Mar 15, 2005
    #18
  19. DoggNZ

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Ok I have 3 sites at orcon that I manage for friends. Two are up and
    one is down.

    Very odd. Think it might be due to inactivity. One of the sites hasn't
    been visited or updated in a long time

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Mar 15, 2005
    #19
  20. DoggNZ

    Gordy Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:15:54 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >DoggNZ wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:45:07 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>DoggNZ wrote:

    snip
    >>
    >> Dumn question but where do you get to it?
    >>

    >
    >ftp://ftp.mysitename.orcon.net.nz


    Doesn't work for me either.

    I have been trying Orcon support every few weeks since mid December...
    It is a week away every time.

    G
    Gordy, Mar 16, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. -=rjh=-

    Orcon "UBS" - anyone been switched yet?

    -=rjh=-, Oct 16, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    36
    Views:
    797
  2. Mike_P

    Orcon UBS update

    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    577
    [John]
    Oct 29, 2004
  3. AT
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    348
    Dave - Dave.net.nz
    Dec 15, 2004
  4. Brendan

    changing from Orcon UBS to Orcon Jetstream

    Brendan, Feb 25, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    517
    Brendan
    Feb 25, 2005
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Orcon UBS 2MBit or stick with Telecom/Orcon 2MBit ADSL?

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 29, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    456
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Apr 29, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page