    news.orcon

    Trouble is its back to the password thing again, he appear to have
    forgotten a few IP blocks
    Collector»NZ, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    nova Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Well it looks like Craig did the switch over today to Giga news on
    > news.orcon
    >
    > Trouble is its back to the password thing again, he appear to have
    > forgotten a few IP blocks

    seems to be working now.
    and with great speed too..
    nova, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    nova wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Well it looks like Craig did the switch over today to Giga news on
    >> news.orcon
    >>
    >> Trouble is its back to the password thing again, he appear to have
    >> forgotten a few IP blocks

    > seems to be working now.
    > and with great speed too..

    Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a third time?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    Mutlley Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >nova wrote:
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>> Well it looks like Craig did the switch over today to Giga news on
    >>> news.orcon
    >>>
    >>> Trouble is its back to the password thing again, he appear to have
    >>> forgotten a few IP blocks

    >> seems to be working now.
    >> and with great speed too..

    >Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a third time?

    Can't get a news group list from this new server. Authentication
    error. On Orcon UBS
    Mutlley, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >

    >>nova wrote:

    >>>seems to be working now.
    >>>and with great speed too..

    >>Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a third time?

    > Can't get a news group list from this new server. Authentication
    > error. On Orcon UBS

    Nope, it's poked. Again :-(

    It was working absolutely 110% fine up until late last night, so we know
    it can be done.
    -=rjh=-, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Collector»NZ

    Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a third time?

    Not working here, either.

    Oddly, last night - from this same PC - it let me connect once to the
    new newserver after a series of rejections......then a few minutes
    later I could no longer connect....and that remains the case.

    I'm posting this via Google Groups.....
    , Apr 12, 2005
  7. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a
    >> third time?

    > Not working here, either.
    >
    > Oddly, last night - from this same PC - it let me connect once to the
    > new newserver after a series of rejections......then a few minutes
    > later I could no longer connect....and that remains the case.
    >
    > I'm posting this via Google Groups.....

    Amazing, the level of incompetence is astounding.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Apr 13, 2005
  8. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>Not here, just tried again. Maybe if I delete it and reset for a
    >>>third time?

    >>Not working here, either.
    >>Oddly, last night - from this same PC - it let me connect once to the
    >>new newserver after a series of rejections......then a few minutes
    >>later I could no longer connect....and that remains the case.
    >>I'm posting this via Google Groups.....

    > Amazing, the level of incompetence is astounding.

    you did see the same level of incompetence from me when setting one up,
    but after "only a month" I seemed to have got it right.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 13, 2005
  9. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> Not working here, either.
    >>> Oddly, last night - from this same PC - it let me connect once to
    >>> the new newserver after a series of rejections......then a few
    >>> minutes later I could no longer connect....and that remains the
    >>> case.
    >>> I'm posting this via Google Groups.....

    >> Amazing, the level of incompetence is astounding.

    > you did see the same level of incompetence from me when setting one
    > up, but after "only a month" I seemed to have got it right.

    A) You're not getting money for it.
    B) You haven't got experience with news servers
    C) It's not part of your core business.
    D) A month is awesome compared to Orcon's news server saga.
    E) Man but your latest set-up is fast!

    Part of the reason I moved to Orcon was reassurances by Craig here towards
    the end of last year that they were going to have a kick-arse news service
    set up real soon. I have had 6 months of having to use free servers and
    bludge mates' bandwidth to get access to usenet since I joined Orcon. I
    await this latest server with bated breath. How will it perform? Maybe you
    should offer your services Dave?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Apr 13, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Mike_P Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> Amazing, the level of incompetence is astounding.

    >> you did see the same level of incompetence from me when setting one
    >> up, but after "only a month" I seemed to have got it right.

    > A) You're not getting money for it.
    > B) You haven't got experience with news servers
    > C) It's not part of your core business.
    > D) A month is awesome compared to Orcon's news server saga.
    > E) Man but your latest set-up is fast!
    >
    > Part of the reason I moved to Orcon was reassurances by Craig here towards
    > the end of last year that they were going to have a kick-arse news service
    > set up real soon. I have had 6 months of having to use free servers and
    > bludge mates' bandwidth to get access to usenet since I joined Orcon. I
    > await this latest server with bated breath. How will it perform? Maybe you
    > should offer your services Dave?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Yep, I agree. Dave, your server has been a life saver... particularly over
    the past month or so as Orcon had completely throttled port 119 to make it
    impossible to use any service.

    Thanks Mate.!

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Apr 13, 2005
  11. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>Amazing, the level of incompetence is astounding.

    >>you did see the same level of incompetence from me when setting one
    >>up, but after "only a month" I seemed to have got it right.

    > A) You're not getting money for it.
    > B) You haven't got experience with news servers
    > C) It's not part of your core business.
    > D) A month is awesome compared to Orcon's news server saga.
    > E) Man but your latest set-up is fast!

    > Part of the reason I moved to Orcon was reassurances by Craig here towards
    > the end of last year that they were going to have a kick-arse news service
    > set up real soon. I have had 6 months of having to use free servers and
    > bludge mates' bandwidth to get access to usenet since I joined Orcon. I
    > await this latest server with bated breath. How will it perform? Maybe you
    > should offer your services Dave?

    nah, seeing as Im getting the feeds free, I promised not to use too
    much, hence why it is only offering nz.* and a few other selected groups.

    on the other hand, if people(home users, well, you know who I mean) have
    a nntp client that supports grabbing from multiple feeds(but not posting
    back to it), you can grab from fairground.synaptic.net.nz:119
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 13, 2005