Orcon strikes again

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    To who it may concern

    My Telecom billing cycle starts on the 7th so there is no way in hell
    that I am paying twice in one month so you can cancel this. You have
    sent me an email on the afternoon of the day Telecom is due to switch me
    over. You can't seriously expect me to believe that you only found out
    today that this was happening. I have asked several times when my
    application to switch over to UBS was processed (I filled out the on
    line form about 1 or 2 October) but you have ignored my request. Since
    joining Orcon I have experienced problem after problem and 10 times as
    many excuses to go with it but this really is the pits. I am not
    interested in what YOUR problems are anymore, I pay you a fee for
    service and thats what I expect to receive - SERVICE, nothing more,
    nothing less. There was a time when I'd be happy to over look mistakes
    etc. - we all make them from time to time, myself included but Orcon
    have gone well past that point of driving me insane with your
    exceedingly poor, verging on pathetic service.

    One very very pissed off customer who will be posting a copy of this to
    nz.comp as well as faxing a copy to Orcon because you take weeks to
    answer email and then send out blank replies.

    Chris Mayhew

    Orcon Support wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > Telecom have now advised us that your JetStream connection for the

    username cmayhew will be transferred to an Orcon BitStream connection on
    10 November 2004. This may be anytime during this day so we suggest
    testing your connection the following day to be sure the installation is
    complete.

    > Currently your username will show as either

    or .
    > Your new Bistream login name is . It's only the

    part after '@' that needs to change, your username or password haven't
    changed.

    > Please update your DSL router/modem to this new login after the

    transfer date you have been given to complete the transfer.

    > If you have any questions please email us at or

    call on the number below.

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > One very very pissed off customer who will be posting a copy of this to
    > nz.comp as well as faxing a copy to Orcon because you take weeks to
    > answer email and then send out blank replies.

    well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems
    /oh so witty sarcasm

    I notice that you have just posted your email addy, and the helpdesk
    addy on usenet, why not spam them, yeah, that'll help. looks like I
    wasn't finished with that wit.

    Also, you do realise that they probably reply as soon as it is read,
    meaning that they wont see this for ~2 weeks.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Chris Mayhew

    DoggNZ Guest

    DoggNZ, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >
    >> One very very pissed off customer who will be posting a copy of this
    >> to nz.comp as well as faxing a copy to Orcon because you take weeks to
    >> answer email and then send out blank replies.

    > well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems
    > /oh so witty sarcasm
    >
    > I notice that you have just posted your email addy, and the helpdesk
    > addy on usenet, why not spam them, yeah, that'll help. looks like I
    > wasn't finished with that wit.
    >
    > Also, you do realise that they probably reply as soon as it is read,
    > meaning that they wont see this for ~2 weeks.

    It's not actually my email address and if they do reply it will probably
    be blank though I didn't actually mean to post their email address

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >
    >> One very very pissed off customer who will be posting a copy of this
    >> to nz.comp as well as faxing a copy to Orcon because you take weeks to
    >> answer email and then send out blank replies.

    > well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems
    > /oh so witty sarcasm
    >
    > I notice that you have just posted your email addy, and the helpdesk
    > addy on usenet, why not spam them, yeah, that'll help. looks like I
    > wasn't finished with that wit.
    >
    > Also, you do realise that they probably reply as soon as it is read,
    > meaning that they wont see this for ~2 weeks.

    This better .....

    To whom it may concern

    .

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004
  6. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004
  7. Chris Mayhew

    ZZzzz Guest

    Dave --verbose wrote:

    > well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems

    Bahahaa!! Ohhh the irony.
    This from the guy who is just ONE step off posting daily report threads
    about the consistency of the mornings shit.
    ZZzzz, Nov 10, 2004
  8. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    ZZzzz wrote:
    > Dave --verbose wrote:
    >
    >> well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems

    > Bahahaa!! Ohhh the irony.
    > This from the guy who is just ONE step off posting daily report threads
    > about the consistency of the mornings shit.

    ROFL

    Now thats what I call funny :)

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004
  9. Chris Mayhew

    maz Guest

    Orcon used to reply in this newsgroup when they were still a small company

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    maz, Nov 10, 2004
  10. Chris Mayhew

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > ZZzzz wrote:
    >> Dave --verbose wrote:
    >>
    >>> well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your
    >>> problems

    >> Bahahaa!! Ohhh the irony.
    >> This from the guy who is just ONE step off posting daily report
    >> threads about the consistency of the mornings shit.

    > ROFL
    >
    > Now thats what I call funny :)

    Must admit, as much as I like Dave, I had a wee smile over that one too.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 10, 2004
  11. ZZzzz wrote:
    >> well gee, thanks for that, I really wanted to know about your problems

    > Bahahaa!! Ohhh the irony.
    > This from the guy who is just ONE step off posting daily report threads
    > about the consistency of the mornings shit.

    damn it... I just knew someone would mention that when I sent it.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004
  12. ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>>Bahahaa!! Ohhh the irony.
    >>>This from the guy who is just ONE step off posting daily report
    >>>threads about the consistency of the mornings shit.

    >>ROFL
    >>Now thats what I call funny :)

    > Must admit, as much as I like Dave, I had a wee smile over that one too.

    glad I made someones day.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004
  13. Chris Mayhew

    Nigel Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:13:08 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > To who it may concern
    >
    > My Telecom billing cycle starts on the 7th so there is no way in hell that
    > I am paying twice in one month so you can cancel this. You have sent me
    > an email on the afternoon of the day Telecom is due to switch me over.
    > You can't seriously expect me to believe that you only found out today
    > that this was happening. I have asked several times when my application

    I'd believe it, matter of fact it happened to me ( I had no warning, nor
    my ISP regarding the changeover ), I'm not with Orcon, but am now on UBS
    with my ISP.

    I think regarding UBS you are bagging Orcon for Telecom's snowballing
    tactics to be honest.

    My read is that Telecom are making it tough on the ISP's so people get
    frustrated and take the easy route & go Xtra.

    Nigel
    Nigel, Nov 10, 2004
  14. Chris Mayhew

    Worm Guest

    > damn it... I just knew someone would mention that when I sent it.

    You're such a fucking moany bitch Dave :p

    Worm
    Worm, Nov 10, 2004
  15. Chris Mayhew

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:20:19 +1300, Chris Mayhew
    <> wrote:

    >DoggNZ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:13:08 +1300, Chris Mayhew
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>To who it may concern

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> whom
    >>

    >> --
    >> BOINC SETI
    >> http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1469&trans=off

    >Thanks, correction noted

    I got the same email today finally! It's been 33 days since I filled
    out the online UBS form! I'll see how they go from now on. $49.95 to
    Orcon is certainly better then $59.95 to Telecom and $10 to Orcon.

    --
    BOINC SETI
    DoggNZ, Nov 10, 2004
  16. Worm wrote:
    >>damn it... I just knew someone would mention that when I sent it.

    > You're such a fucking moany bitch Dave :p

    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    me:am not!
    worm: are to!
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004
  17. DoggNZ wrote:
    > Orcon is certainly better then $59.95 to Telecom and $10 to Orcon.

    but how much of that $49.95 that you pay to Orcon is going to Telecom
    anyway?
    I'd think that Orcon would be luck to make 30% markup on it, so $38.42
    to telecom?

    Or are ISPs getting better markup than that?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004
  18. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Nigel wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:13:08 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >

    >>To who it may concern
    >>
    >>My Telecom billing cycle starts on the 7th so there is no way in hell that
    >>I am paying twice in one month so you can cancel this. You have sent me
    >>an email on the afternoon of the day Telecom is due to switch me over.
    >>You can't seriously expect me to believe that you only found out today
    >>that this was happening. I have asked several times when my application

    > I'd believe it, matter of fact it happened to me ( I had no warning, nor
    > my ISP regarding the changeover ), I'm not with Orcon, but am now on UBS
    > with my ISP.
    >
    > I think regarding UBS you are bagging Orcon for Telecom's snowballing
    > tactics to be honest.
    >
    > My read is that Telecom are making it tough on the ISP's so people get
    > frustrated and take the easy route & go Xtra.
    >
    > Nigel

    You could have a point there but, I did ask Orcon several times when my
    request was processed by them and sent to Telecom. If they lost my
    request or mishandled it then I'd have something to complain about but
    if it's all Telecoms fault then I ought to complain to them about it but
    if Orcon just blame Telecom and tell me they can't do anything about
    and refuse to tell me when they processed my request I might feel Orcon
    have something to hide, considering my previous experiences with them.
    I have given Orcon the chance to enlighten me, and , as a customer I
    think I should expect to be given that information.

    I have still not changed my router log in.....

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 10, 2004
  19. Chris Mayhew

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> ROFL
    >>> Now thats what I call funny :)

    >> Must admit, as much as I like Dave, I had a wee smile over that one
    >> too.

    > glad I made someones day.

    Hey, it was a wee smile, not an orgasm. <g>.
    --
    ~misfit~ (Who isn't quite so sad that a wee smile would make his day)
    ~misfit~, Nov 11, 2004
  20. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>Must admit, as much as I like Dave, I had a wee smile over that one
    >>>too.

    >>glad I made someones day.

    > Hey, it was a wee smile, not an orgasm. <g>.

    that makes me happier :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 11, 2004