    I aggree I to seem to get good speeds when getting near the next 10 gb
    but once into that next 10 gb they throttle back again. Last night I
    was getting speeds of over 100kb/s now today back to 1 and 2kb/s

    ybakiwi, Dec 19, 2005

  2. ybakiwi

    steve Guest

    ybakiwi wrote:

    > I aggree I to seem to get good speeds when getting near the next 10 gb
    > but once into that next 10 gb they throttle back again. Last night I
    > was getting speeds of over 100kb/s now today back to 1 and 2kb/s

    They most likely tailor traffic in anticipation of expected peaks of demand.
    Or it could just be demand.

    You can't do 100kph through "spagetti junction" in Auckland at rush hour,
    either.

    steve, Dec 19, 2005

  3. ybakiwi

    David Guest

    steve wrote:
    > ybakiwi wrote:
    >

    >>I aggree I to seem to get good speeds when getting near the next 10 gb
    >>but once into that next 10 gb they throttle back again. Last night I
    >>was getting speeds of over 100kb/s now today back to 1 and 2kb/s

    > They most likely tailor traffic in anticipation of expected peaks of demand.
    > Or it could just be demand.
    >
    > You can't do 100kph through "spagetti junction" in Auckland at rush hour,
    > either.

    Actually, almost never.

    David, Dec 20, 2005
  4. ybakiwi

    Robert Cooze Guest

    David wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> ybakiwi wrote:
    >>

    >>> I aggree I to seem to get good speeds when getting near the next 10 gb
    >>> but once into that next 10 gb they throttle back again. Last night I
    >>> was getting speeds of over 100kb/s now today back to 1 and 2kb/s

    >> They most likely tailor traffic in anticipation of expected peaks of
    >> demand.
    >> Or it could just be demand.
    >> You can't do 100kph through "spagetti junction" in Auckland at rush hour,
    >> either.

    > Actually, almost never.

    Drove up trough "Spageti Junction" last weekend would you want to drive
    there? at any speed. Aucklands moterway system has become a joke it was
    bad 7 years ago now it is even worce!

    Robert Cooze, Dec 20, 2005