Orcon on P2p

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by kevin cosgrove, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    Thanks

    kevin cosgrove, Sep 29, 2005

  2. kevin cosgrove

    Mike_P Guest

    "kevin cosgrove" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    > Thanks

    Yep !

    Mike_P

    Mike_P, Sep 29, 2005

  3. kevin cosgrove

    steve Guest

    kevin cosgrove wrote:

    > Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    > Thanks

    Don't appear to if you use UBS, the gnutella network and random IP ports.

    The latest plan sees you paying $10 for each additional 10GB of quota....and
    at that price I won't be taking much notice of usage.

    steve, Sep 29, 2005
  4. kevin cosgrove

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > "kevin cosgrove" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    >>Thanks

    > Yep !
    >
    > Mike_P

    Nope!

    -=rjh=-, Sep 29, 2005

    No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them ;-)

    wogers nemesis, Sep 30, 2005
  6. kevin cosgrove

    ~misfit~ Guest

    wogers nemesis wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:22:44 +1200, kevin cosgrove wrote:
    >
    >> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    >> Thanks

    > No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them ;-)

    Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th sept, due
    to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and grab a few DivXs
    that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since then my eMule traffic has
    slowed to a crawl despite having multiple sources. It seems that I can't
    upload anymore so therefore don't get credit for downloads. No settings
    changed, just happened overnight.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 30, 2005
  7. kevin cosgrove

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > wogers nemesis wrote:
    > > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:22:44 +1200, kevin cosgrove wrote:
    > >
    > >> Does Orcon cap p2p downloads
    > >> Thanks

    > > No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them ;-)

    > Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th sept,

    due
    > to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and grab a few DivXs
    > that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since then my eMule traffic

    has
    > slowed to a crawl despite having multiple sources. It seems that I can't
    > upload anymore so therefore don't get credit for downloads. No settings
    > changed, just happened overnight.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    See cdfreaks site.. seems edonkey has been shutdown..

    Craig Sutton, Sep 30, 2005
  8. kevin cosgrove

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> wogers nemesis wrote:

    >>> No. They just traffic shape the #%$^@#! out of them ;-)

    >> Exactly. While I wait for my upgrade to the new plan (ordered 13th
    >> sept, due to be implimented 10th Oct) I thought I'd run eMule and
    >> grab a few DivXs that I want to see. Got Pulp Fiction OK but, since
    >> then my eMule traffic has slowed to a crawl despite having multiple
    >> sources. It seems that I can't upload anymore so therefore don't get
    >> credit for downloads. No settings changed, just happened overnight.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > See cdfreaks site.. seems edonkey has been shutdown..

    Wow. Ok, thanks for that Craig. Time to uninstall it I guess.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 1, 2005