    hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Collector»NZ

    Mike Parsons Guest

    recieve??
    propergate???
    It has been bought to the attention of ...????
    If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

    Mike Parsons, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Mike Parsons said the following on 20/12/2004 12:46 p.m.:
    > recieve??
    > propergate???
    > It has been bought to the attention of ...????
    > If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

    Another FW Village idiot and where does it say Official FW!

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 19, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 19, 2004
  6. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:39 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
    > recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
    > propergate outside Newsfeed.com.
    >
    > It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
    > hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

    Why continue to torture yourself - I just use news.individual.net these
    days.

    wogers nemesis, Dec 20, 2004

    wogers nemesis, Dec 20, 2004
  8. wogers nemesis said the following on 20/12/2004 6:07 p.m.:
    > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:52:39 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    Snipped

    > Why continue to torture yourself - I just use news.individual.net these
    > days.

    The aim is to keep Orcons service available, because I do not wish to
    become reliant an NIN and then find it ceases to be available to me,
    being "free" there is a good chance it will cease to be available at
    some time in the future.
    Particularly with the number of users it has gained from NZ recently.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 20, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 20, 2004
  10. Collector»NZ

    steve Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
    > recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
    > propergate outside Newsfeed.com.
    >
    > It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
    > hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

    I gave up on Orcon's news server months ago.....sadly. They kept promising
    to fix it....and never did.

    news.individual.net works very well.....much as the old one on Actrix did in
    1990.....running, as it was on an Intel 386.
    ,

    steve, Dec 20, 2004
  11. Collector»NZ

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 20, 2004
  12. Collector»NZ

    Ferg Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> If you are using Orcon's Newsfeeds server (news.orcon.net.nz) you can
    >> recieve headers from the outside world but anything you post will not
    >> propergate outside Newsfeed.com.
    >>
    >> It has been bought to the attention of the News Admin at Orcon so
    >> hopefully it will be fixed at some stage soon.

    > I gave up on Orcon's news server months ago.....sadly. They kept promising
    > to fix it....and never did.
    >
    > news.individual.net works very well.....much as the old one on Actrix did
    > in
    > 1990.....running, as it was on an Intel 386.
    > ,

    Thanks for the news.individual.net tip y'all.

    Ferg

    Ferg, Dec 20, 2004
  13. Collector»NZ

    Ferg Guest

    Ferg, Dec 20, 2004
  14. Collector»NZ

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:19:57 +1300, steve wrote:

    > I gave up on Orcon's news server months ago.....sadly. They kept promising
    > to fix it....and never did.

    It does make you wonder about their commitment to quality service and their
    competence. It's not as if this problem happened just yesturday - we've
    been having trouble with it for literally months.

    And think on this, Orcon: all these complaints are archived at Google.com -
    possibly the most popular web site in the world - and will come up whenever
    anyone types 'orcon' into it.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Humor is how you demonstrate that you don't care about pain."
    - Friday Jones

    Note: All my comments are copyright 20/12/2004 11:27:30 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Dec 20, 2004
  15. Collector»NZ

    Brendan, Dec 20, 2004
  16. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mike Parsons wrote:
    > recieve??
    > propergate???
    > It has been bought to the attention of ...????
    > If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

    Go find yourself another group, maybe something like nz.ocd.spelling would
    be more suitable?

    Some people spell better than others. You understood his post? Then get over
    it.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 21, 2004
  17. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Dec 21, 2004
  18. ~misfit~ said the following on 21/12/2004 1:29 p.m.:
    > Mike Parsons wrote:
    >
    >>recieve??
    >>propergate???
    >>It has been bought to the attention of ...????
    >>If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

    > Go find yourself another group, maybe something like nz.ocd.spelling would
    > be more suitable?
    >
    > Some people spell better than others. You understood his post? Then get over
    > it.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Thanks saved me having another go at a potential Village Idiot

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 21, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 21, 2004
  20. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 21/12/2004 1:29 p.m.:
    >> Mike Parsons wrote:
    >>
    >>> recieve??
    >>> propergate???
    >>> It has been bought to the attention of ...????
    >>> If you're making official announcements, learn to spell.

    >> Go find yourself another group, maybe something like nz.ocd.spelling
    >> would be more suitable?
    >>
    >> Some people spell better than others. You understood his post? Then
    >> get over it.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Thanks saved me having another go at a potential Village Idiot

    No problem. I have a serious dislike for prejudiced people who feel they can
    go around telling people what to do. "learn to spell"? Who the **** does
    this person think he is? The term 'newsgroup-nazi' comes to mind for a
    reason. Prejudice and intolerance along with a solution... "learn to spell".
    Be like me. Period. Fuckwit.

    Or maybe he's just got a small dick so likes to impress people with his
    exemplary grammatical skills instead. LOL, I'm gonna refrain from
    spell-checking this too.

    Ok, if this was nz.enlish.lit or
    nz.we.never.make.spelling.mistakes.as.we're.all.anally.retentive then his
    comment would be a fair one. As it is it's nz.comp, we talk about computers.
    A few spelling mistakes now and then are niether here nor there, as long as
    the content of the post is understandable, as yours certainly was.

    Sheesh, school holidays already?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 21, 2004