Orcon newsfeed

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Worm, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Worm

    Mutley Guest

    Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:12:06 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> If this goes through, it seems to be working now! Yay, and thanks Craig.
    >>> I was using my Orcon login for authentication as it kept complaing about
    >>> not being authenticated - never thought I should have NO authetication
    >>> there because of that :)

    >> hahahhahahahahaha
    >> sorry, just kinda amusing.

    >Yeah, very funny :)
    >
    >Well, I saw everyone talking about putting their account and pw in, next I
    >see some people (on dial up) going well, and others talking about problems
    >via jetstream surf. On top of that it was an outsourced server, so it made
    >sense to have a pw to access it as they'd have to have some way of
    >excluding the bulk of humanity.
    >
    >So it never occurred to me that it did Not need a pw now :)

    Where are we up to with this server.??

    I still can't access it..

    Craig. Got no reply from you ..

    Mutley, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Worm

    Mike_P Guest

    "Mutley" <> wrote in message

    > Where are we up to with this server.??
    >
    > I still can't access it..
    >
    > Craig. Got no reply from you ..

    Same here... I have phoned and/or emailed them every other day, now they
    just don't even bother to reply.

    Mike_P, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Worm

    Chris Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in news:2qhjjqFvu8o9U1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > "Mutley" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Where are we up to with this server.??
    >>
    >> I still can't access it..
    >>
    >> Craig. Got no reply from you ..

    > Same here... I have phoned and/or emailed them every other day, now they
    > just don't even bother to reply.

    Are you guys on the surf IP's ? (just out of interest)
    Have you tried deleting your news account, headers and articles saved and
    set it all up again from scratch ?

    Chris, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Worm

    Mike_P Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message news:41439fdf_3@127.0.0.1...
    > "Mike_P" <> wrote in news:2qhjjqFvu8o9U1@uni-
    > berlin.de:
    >

    >> "Mutley" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Where are we up to with this server.??
    >>>
    >>> I still can't access it..
    >>>
    >>> Craig. Got no reply from you ..

    >> Same here... I have phoned and/or emailed them every other day, now they
    >> just don't even bother to reply.
    >>

    > Are you guys on the surf IP's ? (just out of interest)
    > Have you tried deleting your news account, headers and articles saved and
    > set it all up again from scratch ?

    Yes... to all those questions

    Mike_P, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Worm

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:06:45 +1200, Mike_P wrote:

    >> Are you guys on the surf IP's ? (just out of interest)
    >> Have you tried deleting your news account, headers and articles saved and
    >> set it all up again from scratch ?

    > Yes... to all those questions

    I think they must still be waiting for those wankers running the news
    server to update their access files.

    1. They need to say as much - unprofessional and stupid to NOT do so.

    2. They need to go with a better provider and NOT pay the current pack of
    wankers.

    --

    .... Brendan

    Failure is not an option. It is a privilege reserved only for those who try.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 12/09/2004 4:29:14 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Sep 12, 2004
  6. Worm

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:26:02 +1200, Mutley wrote:

    > Where are we up to with this server.??

    It's working for me. Now.

    > I still can't access it..

    Seems like orcon's news server company needs to be told off.

    > Craig. Got no reply from you ..

    Unprofessional.

    --

    .... Brendan

    With a SubGenius child, there's every chance a towel pinned around the
    neck will lead to ACTUAL FLIGHT from the top of the garage.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 12/09/2004 4:25:30 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Sep 12, 2004
  7. Worm

    Chris Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in

    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mike_P" <> wrote in
    >> news:2qhjjqFvu8o9U1@uni- berlin.de:
    >>

    >>> "Mutley" <> wrote in message

    >>> Same here... I have phoned and/or emailed them every other day, now
    >>> they just don't even bother to reply.
    >>>

    >> Are you guys on the surf IP's ? (just out of interest)
    >> Have you tried deleting your news account, headers and articles saved
    >> and set it all up again from scratch ?

    > Yes... to all those questions

    OK, well I was in a group of surf IP's that got left off (out) which took
    a little longer to get access. Even when I was told I should be able to
    get access I couldn't until I did what I mentioned above (so there must
    have been some issue at my end as well).

    Good luck.

    Chris, Sep 12, 2004