    --

    .... Brendan

    "There's nothing like desire to prevent the things one says from having any resemblance to the things in one's mind." -- Marcel Proust

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/08/2004 10:46:02 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Brendan" <> wrote in message
    news:1xqrfanhdrian$...
    > Lately I have been having trouble with Orcon's news server. It's a funny
    > one: articles only a few lines long go through, longer ones get

    'connection
    > reset by peer' or 'read timeout' errors. The same thing is sometimes true
    > of the email server.
    >
    > ¡E Problem exists with Dialog and Xnews.
    > ¡E Problem does not seem to exist with outlook express.

    My first reaction would be that maybe it's a PEBKAC error. Then I checked
    out your naff site (where all the links point to the same place, lol), and
    then I was convinced - it IS a PEBKAC error.

    Ummm, Mr "Computerman" - it's time for a reformat!

    RJ out. (although,I nearly pissed myself LMFAO).

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    **** off woger.

    Brendan, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Brendan" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >
    > **** off woger.

    LOL !!!

    I am far too articulate to be woger.

    I reiterate - you're having problems because you suffer from ID: TEN-T
    disease.

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Brendan wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >
    > **** off woger.

    Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Brendan

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Brendan wrote:
    >> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >>
    >> **** off woger.

    > Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    No other reasons?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2004
  7. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>**** off woger.

    >>Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    > No other reasons?

    It is all I can think of at the moment... the mind is stretched a tad.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
  8. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
    attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "There is a difference between art and life and that difference is readability." -- Marian Engel

    Note: All my comments are copyright 4/08/2004 12:41:42 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Aug 4, 2004
  9. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:39:25 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > I am far too articulate to be woger.

    Woger is always claiming to be articulate.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Talents are best nurtured in solitude; character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    Note: All my comments are copyright 4/08/2004 12:45:23 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Aug 4, 2004
  10. Brendan

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:44:49 +1200, Re: Orcon News and Email
    servers, Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    >Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
    >attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
    about that.

    Damon Nomad, Aug 6, 2004
  11. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Damon Nomad" <> wrote in message
    > On , , Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:44:49 +1200, Re: Orcon News and Email
    > servers, Brendan <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > >
    > >> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    > >Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
    > >attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    > And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
    > about that.

    STFU Dickford.

    Your nym-shifting is totally transparent. BTW, there are many things that
    give you away.

    Nym-shifting is a classic trait of a usenet kook. Being a usenet kook is a
    classic trait of having no life and being totally insecure.

    Keep dancing fool.

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 6, 2004
  12. Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > Nym-shifting is a classic trait of a usenet kook. Being a usenet kook is a
    > classic trait of having no life and being totally insecure.

    errr, I change name from time to time... does that mean I have no life
    and am totally insecure?
    hmmm, on second thoughts, dont worry, you're probably right.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 6, 2004
  13. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > > Nym-shifting is a classic trait of a usenet kook. Being a usenet kook is

    > > classic trait of having no life and being totally insecure.

    > errr, I change name from time to time... does that mean I have no life
    > and am totally insecure?
    > hmmm, on second thoughts, dont worry, you're probably right.

    No, not at all - that's not quite what I'm alluding to :)

    I too have change nicks over the years. The primary difference is when
    someone switches between nicks (especially in the same thread) solely to
    sock-puppet. Woger is a master at this, and Dickford is emulating many of
    woger's traits. OMG, maybe Dickford idolises woger, lol.

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 6, 2004
  14. Brendan

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:26:37 +1200, Damon Nomad <>
    wrote:

    >On , , Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:44:49 +1200, Re: Orcon News and Email
    >servers, Brendan <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

    >>Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
    >>attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    >And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
    >about that.

    Are you one of these usenet bullys Roger has told us about?

    Bret, Aug 6, 2004
  15. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:00:48 +1200, Brendan wrote:

    > Lately I have been having trouble with Orcon's news server. It's a funny
    > one: articles only a few lines long go through, longer ones get 'connection
    > reset by peer' or 'read timeout' errors. The same thing is sometimes true
    > of the email server.
    >
    > ¡E Problem exists with Dialog and Xnews.
    > ¡E Problem does not seem to exist with outlook express.

    The problem now seems to be resolved: it was at their end. There was some
    level of incompetence from helpdesk staff involved in it. Not too
    impressive Orcon.

    I would mention how ryan was wrong, but that'd be news to no one.

    --

    .... Brendan

    They're serving burgers in the back!

    Note: All my comments are copyright 6/08/2004 6:50:21 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Aug 6, 2004
  16. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Brendan" <> wrote in message

    > The problem now seems to be resolved: it was at their end. There was some
    > level of incompetence from helpdesk staff involved in it. Not too
    > impressive Orcon.
    >
    > I would mention how ryan was wrong, but that'd be news to no one.

    Well, firstly, may I express my apology. My other post was ....... well,
    shall we say, "under the influence"...... Yeah, I know, that aint a valid
    excuse, but that's all I've got right now :)

    Secondly, Orcon sucks - period! Yeah, sure, they were once very good, but
    now they suffer from "we're so f**king successful, we don't give a toss
    about providing a reliable service" disease.

    Thirdly, you really thought I was woger?

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 6, 2004
  17. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:26:37 +1200, Damon Nomad wrote:

    >>Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
    >>attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    > And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
    > about that.

    I think you are right!

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is
    indistinguishable from God"
    - Michael Shermer

    Note: All my comments are copyright 6/08/2004 6:44:46 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Aug 6, 2004
  18. Brendan

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Brendan" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:26:37 +1200, Damon Nomad wrote:
    >
    > >>Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and

    unprovoked
    > >>attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

    > > And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
    > > about that.

    > I think you are right!

    Fine!

    If that's your position - then my apology is retracted.

    I stand by my original stance - you are stupid, you have always been stupid
    (as seen by your posts over the years), and you will always be stupid.

    When you get a clue, maybe you'll understand.

    Goodbye idiot.

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Aug 6, 2004
  19. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:34:18 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > If that's your position -

    My position is that you are woger posting with the aid of a care giver.

    >then my apology is retracted.

    I saw no apology from you just mindless unprovoked abuse.

    > I stand by my original stance - you are stupid, you have always been stupid
    > (as seen by your posts over the years), and you will always be stupid.

    *I* am a little surprised you can construct sentences that long.

    You did not *HAVE* a stance. You just spewed some moronic drivel in my
    general direction and HOPED no one would notice the difference.

    I am proud to be called "stupid" by such a world authority as yourself.

    > When you get a clue, maybe you'll understand.

    I just wish you'd hurry up and finish your 17 year adult literacy course
    woger.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "happy happy joy joy oh ****" -- hugh