    other email client while not in NZ?

    Thanks
    Mark247

    Mark Underwood, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Mark Underwood

    DoggNZ Guest

    DoggNZ, Feb 9, 2005

  3. DoggNZ wrote:
    >>Hi, does orcon email work overseas? i know i can check it via
    >>www.webmail.orcon.net.nz but does it work using a Outlook Express or any
    >>other email client while not in NZ?

    > You would have to be connected to Orcon to use their POP3 server I
    > imagine. Ask them about it.

    it worked for my sister a while back... but like Dogg said, flick an
    email to their support team

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Mark Underwood said the following on 9/02/2005 4:28 p.m.:
    > Hi, does orcon email work overseas? i know i can check it via
    > www.webmail.orcon.net.nz but does it work using a Outlook Express or any
    > other email client while not in NZ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mark247

    Orcon POP3 is available from any network so long as you authenticate
    (username/Password) smtp I believe is available it used to be pop before
    smtp but may need authentication on its own now. Must check up on that

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Mark Underwood wrote:
    > Hi, does orcon email work overseas? i know i can check it via
    > www.webmail.orcon.net.nz but does it work using a Outlook Express or

    any
    > other email client while not in NZ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mark247

    Yes you can access it via any ISP, but you have to use Secure Password
    Authentication (SPA) otherwise your outgoing emails will bounce.

    Andrew Gerald, Feb 9, 2005