Orcon broadband users - Can you see this?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Philip Roy, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    Hi all,

    www.joomlapolis.com

    Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    see this site?

    I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

    Thanks in advance,

    Phil
    --
    NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
    http://www.nzmac.com
    Philip Roy, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Philip Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > www.joomlapolis.com
    >
    > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > see this site?
    >
    > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Phil

    No problem here Orcon 2mbs UBS using firefox

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <>,
    Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    > Philip Roy wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > www.joomlapolis.com
    > >
    > > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > > see this site?
    > >
    > > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Phil

    > No problem here Orcon 2mbs UBS using firefox

    Cheers,

    Phil
    Philip Roy, Mar 26, 2006
  4. Philip Roy

    Richard Guest

    Philip Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > www.joomlapolis.com
    >
    > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > see this site?
    >
    > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Phil

    Very slow and not an interesting looking site, but it loaded. (wh)orecon 2 meg UBS
    Richard, Mar 26, 2006
  5. Philip Roy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > (wh)orecon 2 meg UBS

    Heh! Love it. So very apt. It must have been a Freudian slip when Seeby put
    "con" in his business name.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 26, 2006
  6. Philip Roy

    k Guest

    Philip Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > www.joomlapolis.com
    >
    > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > see this site?
    >
    > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Phil

    Howdy,

    Works A-OK on Orcon Flat Rate 256kbit UBS.

    Orcon don't have anything ugly like transparent HTTP proxy servers..
    k, Mar 26, 2006
  7. Philip Roy wrote:
    > www.joomlapolis.com
    > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > see this site?
    > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

    "A reader wrote in reporting a worm spreading through the latest Mambo/Joomla
    exploits and establishing an IRC connection. When I looked it appeared the
    botnet was already down but it is trivial to modify the shellbot code and
    regenerate the botnet. Joomla 1.0.8 was released Feb 26th and had 37 (wow)
    security fixes, so if you aren't running 1.0.8, you have been warned. It
    doesn't appear that any new vulnerabilities have been discovered since the
    release."
    Mark Robinson, Mar 26, 2006
  8. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <2tod.net>,
    Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    > Philip Roy wrote:
    > > www.joomlapolis.com
    > > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > > see this site?
    > > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

    > "A reader wrote in reporting a worm spreading through the latest Mambo/Joomla
    > exploits and establishing an IRC connection. When I looked it appeared the
    > botnet was already down but it is trivial to modify the shellbot code and
    > regenerate the botnet. Joomla 1.0.8 was released Feb 26th and had 37 (wow)
    > security fixes, so if you aren't running 1.0.8, you have been warned. It
    > doesn't appear that any new vulnerabilities have been discovered since the
    > release."

    What?

    Phil
    Philip Roy, Mar 26, 2006
  9. Philip Roy

    s.t.e.v.e. Guest

    Philip Roy wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > www.joomlapolis.com
    >
    > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > see this site?
    >
    > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Phil

    No problem here:
    * Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate,
    FeedBurner and Feedblitz
    * Joomlapolis updated to Joomla 1.0.8
    * Nant's Profile Gallery live on JP!
    * How to make a date ordered CB list with automatic record aging
    * Public Profiles and Lists
    s.t.e.v.e., Mar 27, 2006
  10. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <>,
    "s.t.e.v.e." <> wrote:

    > Philip Roy wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > www.joomlapolis.com
    > >
    > > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
    > > see this site?
    > >
    > > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
    > > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
    > > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
    > > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Phil

    > No problem here:
    > * Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate,
    > FeedBurner and Feedblitz
    > * Joomlapolis updated to Joomla 1.0.8
    > * Nant's Profile Gallery live on JP!
    > * How to make a date ordered CB list with automatic record aging
    > * Public Profiles and Lists

    Thanks....must be my machine then! Very odd..it's the only site I can't
    reach on my Mac...not sure why it suddenly started happening.

    Phil
    Philip Roy, Mar 27, 2006