    some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
    from a legitimate isp.

    This will be taken care of :)
    Hmmm, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Hmmm

    Starkey Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <> wrote:

    >Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
    >new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
    >some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
    >from a legitimate isp.
    >
    >This will be taken care of :)

    yeah ive got the same problem too and another webpage i goto for
    diablo stuff www.sogland.com is blocked
    Starkey, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Hmmm

    Mike_P Guest

    "Hmmm" <> wrote in message news:4189d3d0$1_2@127.0.0.1...
    > Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    > www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the new
    > ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so some
    > routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming from a
    > legitimate isp.
    >
    > This will be taken care of :)

    Yep, all ok now !
    Mike_P, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Hmmm

    Starkey Guest

    On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:39:32 +1300, "Mike_P"
    <> wrote:

    >"Hmmm" <> wrote in message news:4189d3d0$1_2@127.0.0.1...
    >> Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >> www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the new
    >> ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so some
    >> routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming from a
    >> legitimate isp.
    >>
    >> This will be taken care of :)

    >Yep, all ok now !

    not for me still doesnt come up
    Starkey, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Hmmm

    Mutley Guest

    Hmmm <> wrote:

    >Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
    >new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
    >some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
    >from a legitimate isp.
    >
    >This will be taken care of :)

    Go to here. This may help.

    http://www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

    Select each one until you find one that connects.

    I have the same problem with some web sites since the change over
    to UBS.
    Mutley, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Hmmm

    Toxickiwi Guest

    Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
    again at the same time?

    TK

    Toxickiwi, Nov 5, 2004
  7. Hmmm

    Hmmm Guest

    Toxickiwi wrote:
    > Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
    > again at the same time?
    >
    > TK
    >
    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <> wrote:
    >

    >>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
    >>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
    >>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming

    >>from a legitimate isp.

    >>This will be taken care of :)

    No idea, but suprnova is working again.
    Hmmm, Nov 5, 2004
  8. Hmmm

    Starkey Guest

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:42:59 +1300, Hmmm <> wrote:

    >Toxickiwi wrote:
    >> Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
    >> again at the same time?
    >>
    >> TK
    >>
    >> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >>>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
    >>>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
    >>>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming

    >>>from a legitimate isp.

    >>>This will be taken care of :)

    >No idea, but suprnova is working again.

    yep supranova is working for me now but sogland.com aint
    Starkey, Nov 5, 2004
  9. Hmmm

    Toxickiwi Guest

    there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    find any ETA on orcons web site.

    Toxickiwi, Nov 5, 2004
  10. On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:32:59 GMT, Toxickiwi wrote:

    > Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
    > again at the same time?
    >
    > TK
    >
    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
    >>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
    >>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
    >>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
    >>from a legitimate isp.
    >>
    >>This will be taken care of :)

    You'd think they would post something about it. I only knew it was the
    same old damn problem because it happened when I moved to Jetsurf some
    months ago.
    wogers nemesis, Nov 5, 2004
  11. "Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    > there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    > find any ETA on orcons web site.

    This is not a problem with Orcon Specificlly (we are not blocking the
    sites).. Just a few sites/networks are very slow in updating their Bogon
    Filters with netblocks which have been allocated a long time ago.

    The best thing to do is for Users to Email the owners of the websites and
    ask for them to check their network filters (and for them to contact their
    Downstream Internet Provider as well) to check this out.

    I have emailed about 10 places this week and a few have updated their
    network filters which they should of done a long time ago. (yes embarrasing
    for them)

    Ironiclly.. the largest request was for access to suprnova.org.. One of the
    largest sites to gain access to illegal material from.

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore, Nov 5, 2004
  12. Hmmm

    Mutley Guest

    "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote:

    >"Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    >> there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    >> find any ETA on orcons web site.

    >This is not a problem with Orcon Specificlly (we are not blocking the
    >sites).. Just a few sites/networks are very slow in updating their Bogon
    >Filters with netblocks which have been allocated a long time ago.
    >
    >The best thing to do is for Users to Email the owners of the websites and
    >ask for them to check their network filters (and for them to contact their
    >Downstream Internet Provider as well) to check this out.
    >
    >I have emailed about 10 places this week and a few have updated their
    >network filters which they should of done a long time ago. (yes embarrasing
    >for them)
    >
    >Ironiclly.. the largest request was for access to suprnova.org.. One of the
    >largest sites to gain access to illegal material from.
    >
    >Thanks

    I tried emailing the guy who runs http://www.vidiot.com but he says
    that he is not blocking it. So I guess it must be his web hoster..
    Now who knows how to find that out..??
    Mutley, Nov 6, 2004
  13. He must know who his ISP/Webhosting customer is.. he should contact him and
    then his downstream and go from there..

    Craig Whitmore, Nov 6, 2004
  14. Hmmm

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:
    > "Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    >> there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    >> find any ETA on orcons web site.

    > This is not a problem with Orcon Specificlly (we are not blocking the
    > sites).. Just a few sites/networks are very slow in updating their
    > Bogon Filters with netblocks which have been allocated a long time
    > ago.
    >
    > The best thing to do is for Users to Email the owners of the websites
    > and ask for them to check their network filters (and for them to
    > contact their Downstream Internet Provider as well) to check this out.
    >
    > I have emailed about 10 places this week and a few have updated their
    > network filters which they should of done a long time ago. (yes
    > embarrasing for them)
    >
    > Ironiclly.. the largest request was for access to suprnova.org.. One
    > of the largest sites to gain access to illegal material from.

    Is it? Never heard of it until now, thanks for the tip. <g>
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2004
  15. Hmmm

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >> "Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    >>> there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    >>> find any ETA on orcons web site.

    >> This is not a problem with Orcon Specificlly (we are not blocking the
    >> sites).. Just a few sites/networks are very slow in updating their
    >> Bogon Filters with netblocks which have been allocated a long time
    >> ago.
    >>
    >> The best thing to do is for Users to Email the owners of the websites
    >> and ask for them to check their network filters (and for them to
    >> contact their Downstream Internet Provider as well) to check this
    >> out.
    >>
    >> I have emailed about 10 places this week and a few have updated their
    >> network filters which they should of done a long time ago. (yes
    >> embarrasing for them)
    >>
    >> Ironiclly.. the largest request was for access to suprnova.org.. One
    >> of the largest sites to gain access to illegal material from.

    > Is it? Never heard of it until now, thanks for the tip. <g>

    No good, I'm with Orcon and can't get there, just an error message.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2004
  16. Hmmm

    Toxickiwi Guest

    Overall this is very very poor service from Orcon & Telecom. Before
    allocating IP address to end users both companies sure ensure they
    work with mainstream web sites, and I'm sure suprnova is a good
    example to be thrown around as people want access to, but there are
    many other websites that are being blocked, it's just not expectable
    to treat customers this way…

    Toxickiwi, Nov 8, 2004
  17. "Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    > Overall this is very very poor service from Orcon & Telecom. Before
    > allocating IP address to end users both companies sure ensure they
    > work with mainstream web sites, and I'm sure suprnova is a good
    > example to be thrown around as people want access to, but there are
    > many other websites that are being blocked, it's just not expectable
    > to treat customers this way.

    There are millions of websites in the world. So far I think we've had about
    only 10 websites people cannot get to.
    including suprnova. These ranges where bogons over 18 months ago and some
    system admins put in blocks of Bogon's and never update them.

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore, Nov 9, 2004
  18. Hmmm

    Boyd Guest

    Is it just me or is phorum.org blocked from nz?

    I have treid 3 isps and 3 computers, i know its there and running if you
    go via a proxy.
    Boyd, Nov 10, 2004
  19. Hmmm

    Starkey Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:42:35 GMT, Toxickiwi <> wrote:

    >Overall this is very very poor service from Orcon & Telecom. Before
    >allocating IP address to end users both companies sure ensure they
    >work with mainstream web sites, and I'm sure suprnova is a good
    >example to be thrown around as people want access to, but there are
    >many other websites that are being blocked, it's just not expectable
    >to treat customers this way…
    >
    >On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:39:32 +1300, "Craig Whitmore"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    >>> there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
    >>> find any ETA on orcons web site.

    >>This is not a problem with Orcon Specificlly (we are not blocking the
    >>sites).. Just a few sites/networks are very slow in updating their Bogon
    >>Filters with netblocks which have been allocated a long time ago.
    >>
    >>The best thing to do is for Users to Email the owners of the websites and
    >>ask for them to check their network filters (and for them to contact their
    >>Downstream Internet Provider as well) to check this out.
    >>
    >>I have emailed about 10 places this week and a few have updated their
    >>network filters which they should of done a long time ago. (yes embarrasing
    >>for them)
    >>
    >>Ironiclly.. the largest request was for access to suprnova.org.. One of the
    >>largest sites to gain access to illegal material from.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    static ips suck arse i just want dynamic ips back, why should us the
    customer chase down webmasters trying to unban certain ips.
    Starkey, Nov 11, 2004
  20. Hmmm

    Toxickiwi Guest

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:04:11 +1300, "Craig Whitmore"
    <> wrote:

    >"Toxickiwi" <> wrote in message
    >> Overall this is very very poor service from Orcon & Telecom. Before
    >> allocating IP address to end users both companies sure ensure they
    >> work with mainstream web sites, and I'm sure suprnova is a good
    >> example to be thrown around as people want access to, but there are
    >> many other websites that are being blocked, it's just not expectable
    >> to treat customers this way.
    >>

    > There are millions of websites in the world. So far I think we've had about
    >only 10 websites people cannot get to.
    >including suprnova. These ranges where bogons over 18 months ago and some
    >system admins put in blocks of Bogon's and never update them.
    >
    >Thanks

    And how many of those 'millions' were checked, not many I would
    guess... the service from Telecons is bullshit... last time I checked
    tucows still wasn't working, but since most people only go to a
    handfull of sites they won't report any problems. The other problem
    is if a site is down you normally don't think it is your ISP's
    problem.
    Toxickiwi, Nov 15, 2004