    the moment?

    If so, how widespread is the problem? The two connections that appear
    to be down are both in the central city.
    Gurble, Feb 3, 2005

  2. On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:02:22 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    > Is it just me (and a mate), or is Orcon Bitstream dead in Dunedin at
    > the moment?
    >
    > If so, how widespread is the problem? The two connections that appear
    > to be down are both in the central city.

    Okay here in Leith Valley.
    wogers nemesis, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:25:48 +1300, wogers nemesis <>
    had this to say:

    >On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:02:22 +1300, Gurble wrote:
    >
    >> Is it just me (and a mate), or is Orcon Bitstream dead in Dunedin at
    >> the moment?
    >>
    >> If so, how widespread is the problem? The two connections that appear
    >> to be down are both in the central city.

    >Okay here in Leith Valley.

    Actually, it's not Bitstream, but rather the 2Mbit plan.

    Anyone on it in Dunedin?
    Gurble, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Gurble

    Primergise Guest

    About todays problem:

    9am:
    Telecom have just called to notify us of a "significant outage" to DSL users
    in the following RANs: Papatoetoe (POP) RANS 13 & 14, Christchurch (CHC) RAN
    12, Riccarton (RIC) RAN 11, Wellington (WLG) RAN 12. DSL customers will not
    be able to authenticate via these RANs at present. There is no expected time
    to fix as yet. Please call Telecom Wholesale if you're after an update. The
    fault number is HNL050270427.

    12:29
    Telecom Jetstream / BitStream issue
    The morning of Thursday 3rd February, 12am, customers may have been
    disconnected from the network. The issue is due to Telecom performing an
    equipment migration over the country.

    Customers affected by this will notice their equipment reporting LCP/PPP
    errors or simply failing to authenticate, however they will see that DSL is
    still connected.

    Telecom does not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, nor will they
    provide a list of affected DSLAMS. We do know however they are fixing this
    one DSLAM at a time. Not all DSLAMS at an exchange are affected.

    Primergise, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:08:23 +1300, "Primergise" <>
    had this to say:

    >"Gurble" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it just me (and a mate), or is Orcon Bitstream dead in Dunedin at
    >> the moment?
    >>
    >> If so, how widespread is the problem? The two connections that appear
    >> to be down are both in the central city.

    >About todays problem:
    >
    >9am:
    >Telecom have just called to notify us of a "significant outage" to DSL users
    >in the following RANs: Papatoetoe (POP) RANS 13 & 14, Christchurch (CHC) RAN
    >12, Riccarton (RIC) RAN 11, Wellington (WLG) RAN 12. DSL customers will not
    >be able to authenticate via these RANs at present. There is no expected time
    >to fix as yet. Please call Telecom Wholesale if you're after an update. The
    >fault number is HNL050270427.
    >
    >12:29
    >Telecom Jetstream / BitStream issue
    >The morning of Thursday 3rd February, 12am, customers may have been
    >disconnected from the network. The issue is due to Telecom performing an
    >equipment migration over the country.
    >
    >Customers affected by this will notice their equipment reporting LCP/PPP
    >errors or simply failing to authenticate, however they will see that DSL is
    >still connected.
    >
    >Telecom does not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, nor will they
    >provide a list of affected DSLAMS. We do know however they are fixing this
    >one DSLAM at a time. Not all DSLAMS at an exchange are affected.

    Everything was OK until about 8pm tonight, though. I'm not sure if
    this is related or not.
    Gurble, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 11:36 p.m.:

    > Everything was OK until about 8pm tonight, though. I'm not sure if
    > this is related or not.

    Judging by who is posting and whom is not it looks like a NZ wide drop
    of ADSL. Makes a change when only dial up is posting here :cool:

    ==>> Followup changed to nz.comp only

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Gurble

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 11:36 p.m.:
    >

    >> Everything was OK until about 8pm tonight, though. I'm not sure if
    >> this is related or not.

    > Judging by who is posting and whom is not it looks like a NZ wide drop of
    > ADSL. Makes a change when only dial up is posting here :cool:

    Ummm, but no. ADSL is fine here :)
    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:45:16 +1300, "Ryan Jacobs" <> had
    this to say:

    >"Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Gurble said the following on 3/02/2005 11:36 p.m.:
    >>

    >>> Everything was OK until about 8pm tonight, though. I'm not sure if
    >>> this is related or not.

    >> Judging by who is posting and whom is not it looks like a NZ wide drop of
    >> ADSL. Makes a change when only dial up is posting here :cool:
    >>

    >Ummm, but no. ADSL is fine here :)

    Yeah, Xtra is still up (of course...). Wonder if this is a "marketing"
    trick from our friends at Telecom...
    Gurble, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Gurble wrote:
    > Is it just me (and a mate), or is Orcon Bitstream dead in Dunedin at
    > the moment?
    > If so, how widespread is the problem? The two connections that appear
    > to be down are both in the central city.

    not just Dunedin, in a lot of places.
    link between Telecom and Orcon is saturated apparently(from what I have
    read/heard), nothing can be done other than sit and wait until
    Telecom/Orcon fix it.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 3, 2005