Orcon acquire iServe

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cima, May 1, 2009.

  1. Cima

    Cima Guest

    Wonder how long before they start hassling people to switch everything to Orcon?

    <
    Exciting Announcement From iSERVE

    Hi,

    I am writing to inform you of some exciting news for us here at iSERVE. We have
    been acquired by award winning telecommunications and Internet provider Orcon.

    What does this mean for you?
    Right now it is business as usual. This means we are not planning to change
    pricing in the near future, you will not have to change the bank account into
    which you make payment, or who you call for support.

    In the medium term it is likely there will be some changes made. For example,
    you will have the option to purchase broadband and phone services from Orcon,
    and get them all on one convenient bill. We will be sure to keep you informed
    and give you plenty of notice of any changes that are happening.

    Why has iSERVE decided to do this?
    iSERVE have been the market leaders in the hosting space for the last 8 years,
    and while its been an enjoyable and rewarding ride since we first launched in
    2001 we recognise that fresh ideas and innovative thinking are extremely
    important to our continued success. We have had a great relationship with Orcon
    over the past 4 years, and it made sense to us to join forces with a like-minded
    company whose values are right in line with our own. We are really excited about
    the opportunities and products that will become available to iSERVE and iSERVE
    customers in the near future because of this acquisition.

    Who is Orcon?
    Orcon is New Zealand's premier provider of Internet and phone services. They
    have been operating for more than 10 years, employ over 150 staff, and provide
    service to more than 100,000 homes and businesses around the country. We are
    really excited to be joining the company that among other things was the first
    to unbundle the local loop in 2007, and took out the TUANZ Telecommunications
    Carrier of the Year award last year. You can find out more about Orcon on their
    website: www.orcon.net.nz/about

    You will shortly receive a letter in the mail from Orcon Chief Executive Scott
    Bartlett to officially welcome you as an Orcon customer, and further introduce
    Orcon.

    In the mean time if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to
    contact me or one of my team.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued
    custom, and I look forward to continuing to provide service to you in the
    future.

    Cima, May 1, 2009