    from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?

    M.
    Mark, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Mark

    Chris Hope Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > I've just come onto my new billing cycle having been throttled back on
    > the last one, but the connection is really slow- maxes out at 21K/sec
    > from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    > anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?

    No problems here. Been downloading stuff via FTP and P2P today at just
    about maximum speeds. Maybe try rebooting your router?

    Chris Hope, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Mark wrote:
    > I've just come onto my new billing cycle having been throttled back on
    > the last one, but the connection is really slow- maxes out at 21K/sec
    > from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    > anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?
    >
    > M.

    My Orcon connection
    Speed Location Hosted By
    1246.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    943.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    1287.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    436.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    116.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems

    Try http://speedtest.co.nz and compare

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Mark

    Andrew Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >> I've just come onto my new billing cycle having been throttled back on
    >> the last one, but the connection is really slow- maxes out at 21K/sec
    >> from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    >> anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?
    >>
    >> M.

    > My Orcon connection
    > Speed Location Hosted By
    > 1246.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 943.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 1287.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 436.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 116.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >
    > Try http://speedtest.co.nz and compare

    Xtra broadband 2mbit - azureous download just completed:
    180MB in 25 mins

    Im impressed :)
    Andrew, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Mark

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Mark wrote:
    >>> I've just come onto my new billing cycle having been throttled back on
    >>> the last one, but the connection is really slow- maxes out at 21K/sec
    >>> from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    >>> anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?
    >>>
    >>> M.

    >> My Orcon connection
    >> Speed Location Hosted By
    >> 1246.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >> 943.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >> 1287.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >> 436.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >> 116.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >>
    >> Try http://speedtest.co.nz and compare
    >>

    > Xtra broadband 2mbit - azureous download just completed:
    > 180MB in 25 mins
    >
    > Im impressed :)

    thats probably even more than what i can achieve on the same plan, but how
    much did you upload tho?
    Krazy Bob, Jan 24, 2006
  6. Mark

    Richard Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Xtra broadband 2mbit - azureous download just completed:
    > 180MB in 25 mins
    >
    > Im impressed :)

    So best case you would have put 24 megs back into the torrent swarm, so I assume
    that you will be letting it seed for anoher 2 hours or so to put back what you
    have taken?
    Richard, Jan 24, 2006
  7. Mark

    Mutlley Guest

    Mark <> wrote:

    >I've just come onto my new billing cycle having been throttled back on
    >the last one, but the connection is really slow- maxes out at 21K/sec
    >from sites on the US west coast that i always get at 120K/sec. Can
    >anyone else confirm the same thing or should i be on hold with Orcon?
    >
    >M.

    I'm not sure if this is an Orcon problem . At work we are on full
    speed from Xtra and since last Wed overseas sites have been slow to
    load...
    Mutlley, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Mark

    Andrew Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> My Orcon connection
    >>> Speed Location Hosted By
    >>> 1246.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>> 943.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >>> 1287.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>> 436.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >>> 116.4 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >>>
    >>> Try http://speedtest.co.nz and compare
    >>>

    >> Xtra broadband 2mbit - azureous download just completed:
    >> 180MB in 25 mins
    >>
    >> Im impressed :)

    > thats probably even more than what i can achieve on the same plan, but how
    > much did you upload tho?

    not alot in that 25 mins of downloading due to the 128k up limit, But
    the file is still seeding
    Andrew, Jan 24, 2006
  9. Mark

    Andrew Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Andrew wrote:
    >

    >> Xtra broadband 2mbit - azureous download just completed:
    >> 180MB in 25 mins
    >>
    >> Im impressed :)

    > So best case you would have put 24 megs back into the torrent swarm, so
    > I assume that you will be letting it seed for anoher 2 hours or so to
    > put back what you have taken?

    Yes.. But only at the end of my billing cycle - last week of the cycle

    Download limit is quite precious
    Andrew, Jan 24, 2006