    monitored..
    Messages sent to it may not be read for several weeks. PLEASE REPLY TO
    NEWSGROUP!

    Roger Mills, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Roger Mills

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:12:02 UTC, "Roger Mills"
    <> wrote:

    > On the Orchid website, it says:
    >
    > "Caller Display
    > A V4+ with additional power supply is required for use with Caller Display,
    > please ensure that you quote "Caller Display" in the Additional Information
    > field on the Secure Order form if you require a Caller Display model."
    >
    > Anyone care to explain what this means? Is there a model which actually has
    > a display on it, or is it simply talking about something special being
    > needed for it to pass inbound CLI to a Caller Display phone?

    Note that this also applies to SMS - and even the alledged "caller
    display" models don't always function for incoming SMS. So you get it
    as text to voice about an hour after you should have :)
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Roger Mills

    Far Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:12:02 UTC, "Roger Mills"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Note that this also applies to SMS - and even the alledged "caller
    > display" models don't always function for incoming SMS. So you get it
    > as text to voice about an hour after you should have :)

    True. However the V4 (at least the one I have) works fine with SMS to a
    landline phone whereas a V4+, even with the caller ID mod made and the power
    supply, didn't work correctly for incoming SMS's. Outoing are fine on both
    V4 and V4+ though (but remember to include 1280 in the appropriate place for
    the outgoing message centre if you CPS calls).

    Regards,
    Far

    Far, Feb 25, 2008