    They both seem to want to use port 5060

    Thanks

    Geoff

    mortician, Sep 29, 2007

  2. mortician

    Tim Guest

    mortician wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to configure both OrbTalk and Sipagate on my PAP2 v1.
    >
    > Can they both be set on the same ports.
    >
    > They both seem to want to use port 5060

    Local SIP port is different to remote SIP port.

    Remote - usually 5060

    Local - by default is 5060 (line1) and 5061 (line2). There is never
    normally any reason to change these.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 29, 2007

  3. mortician

    Jono Guest

    Tim has brought this to us :
    > mortician wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I want to configure both OrbTalk and Sipagate on my PAP2 v1.
    >>
    >> Can they both be set on the same ports.
    >>
    >> They both seem to want to use port 5060

    > Local SIP port is different to remote SIP port.
    >
    > Remote - usually 5060
    >
    > Local - by default is 5060 (line1) and 5061 (line2). There is never
    > normally any reason to change these.

    On a similar topic, I tried using an SPA1001 as an extension on an NEC
    XN120 PABX.

    The default port that NEC use for extensions is 5070 (5060 is used for
    trunks).

    Changing the SPA's port to 5070 didn't actually make any difference.
    Wireshark trace showed the port in use remained as 5060.

    Grandstream Handytone worked once the SIP port was changed to 5070
    within the handytone's web browser.

    Am I missing something with the SPA, or is it likely that I'm stuck
    with 5060?

    Jono, Sep 29, 2007
  4. mortician

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Am I missing something with the SPA, or is it likely that I'm stuck with
    > 5060?

    You are.

    You specify the remote port in the Proxy setting, with a :.

    For example, enter the proxy as 192.168.45.2:5070

    Where it says Port: is actually the local SIP port.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 29, 2007
  5. mortician

    Jono Guest

    Tim expressed precisely :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Am I missing something with the SPA, or is it likely that I'm stuck with
    >> 5060?

    > You are.
    >
    > You specify the remote port in the Proxy setting, with a :.
    >
    > For example, enter the proxy as 192.168.45.2:5070
    >

    > Where it says Port: is actually the local SIP port.

    I did do that. Perhaps a flaw in the firmware then (Old Sipura
    firmware)

    Thanks.

    Jono, Sep 29, 2007
  6. mortician

    mortician Guest

    Cheers Folks

    mortician, Sep 29, 2007
  7. mortician

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:
    >> Where it says Port: is actually the local SIP port.

    > I did do that. Perhaps a flaw in the firmware then (Old Sipura firmware)

    I've never known it not to work.

    I can send you some newer firmware if you email me at work. I have
    plenty in my collection.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 29, 2007
  8. mortician

    Jono Guest

    Tim brought next idea :
    > Jono wrote:
    >>> Where it says Port: is actually the local SIP port.

    >> I did do that. Perhaps a flaw in the firmware then (Old Sipura firmware)

    > I've never known it not to work.
    >
    > I can send you some newer firmware if you email me at work. I have plenty in
    > my collection.

    Cheers

    Jono, Sep 30, 2007