Orange LiveBox woes

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by deryck.thake@gmail.com, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I've finally got this bugger working properly ... almost.

    We are now enjoying free calls to overseas landlines via a handset
    connected to the Orange Livebox Router/Modem. I think that in the last
    few days Mrs Deryck has made free calls that previously would have cost
    us over 100 quid :)

    This livebox is supposed to allow incoming calls too, there is an 0845
    number attached somehow and voicemail too, apparently. Unfortunately
    anyone dialing the 0845 number just gets the 'dead tone'.

    Orange have suggested (via email) that I try things like resetting the
    modem or attaching a new handset. Both of these I've tried and it makes
    no difference. I cannot see why it would make a difference. If the
    livebox was missing, damaged, whatever, shouldn't the calls just divert
    to voicemail (to access voicemail you dial 120 so I'm fairly sure that
    the livebox isn't doubling up as an answermachine too).

    Can any knowledgable person suggest where the problem lies (ie, in the
    livebox or somewhere in Orange's infrastructure) and, even better,
    suggest a fix?

    TIA

    Deryck

    PS
    Apologies for posting via googlegroups, Individual.NET doesnt seem to
    carry this NG

    , Dec 1, 2006