    microfilter used on Livebox output makes a SWBell phone ring but not
    the DECT.

    Phil

    PhilT, Mar 13, 2007

  2. PhilT

    Tim Guest

    PhilT wrote:
    > My neighbour's won't ring a 2-line DECT phone although the phone shows
    > it is ringing on the handset. BT landline calls to the 2-line DECT
    > phone work fine. RJ11-BT adaptor with ring capacitor and ADSL
    > microfilter used on Livebox output makes a SWBell phone ring but not
    > the DECT.

    I presume outbound calls all work ok?

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 13, 2007

  3. PhilT

    Graham Guest

    "PhilT" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to adjust ring cadence, voltages etc on an Orange
    > livebox ?
    >
    > My neighbour's won't ring a 2-line DECT phone although the phone shows
    > it is ringing on the handset. BT landline calls to the 2-line DECT
    > phone work fine. RJ11-BT adaptor with ring capacitor and ADSL
    > microfilter used on Livebox output makes a SWBell phone ring but not
    > the DECT.
    >
    > Phil

    You are saying the DECT handset indicates it is ringing on its display, but
    doesn't actually ring?
    If so its one of three things:
    1) The ringer is muted.
    2) The phone is faulty.
    3) I have misunderstood your problem.
    As rule, DECT base stations don't need a ring signal on pin 3.
    Have you tried plugging the DECT base into a BT line?
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Mar 13, 2007
  4. PhilT

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > You are saying the DECT handset indicates it is ringing
    > on its display, but doesn't actually ring?
    > If so its one of three things:
    > 1) The ringer is muted.
    > 2) The phone is faulty.
    > 3) I have misunderstood your problem.
    > As rule, DECT base stations don't need a ring signal on
    > pin 3. Have you tried plugging the DECT base into a BT line?

    It could be the ATA ringing output voltage. BT lines generally supply
    ringing at around 75 volts or so, if the ATA is giving a lower voltage,
    some phones might ring but others not.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 14, 2007
  5. PhilT

    Graham Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Graham" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> You are saying the DECT handset indicates it is ringing
    >> on its display, but doesn't actually ring?
    >> If so its one of three things:
    >> 1) The ringer is muted.
    >> 2) The phone is faulty.
    >> 3) I have misunderstood your problem.
    >> As rule, DECT base stations don't need a ring signal on
    >> pin 3. Have you tried plugging the DECT base into a BT line?

    > It could be the ATA ringing output voltage. BT lines generally supply
    > ringing at around 75 volts or so, if the ATA is giving a lower voltage,
    > some phones might ring but others not.
    >
    > Ivor

    But an incoming call has been signalled over the air interface,
    so why doesn't the handset audibly ring?
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Mar 14, 2007
  6. PhilT

    PhilT Guest

    On Mar 14, 6:47 pm, "Graham" <> wrote:

    > But an incoming call has been signalled over the air interface,
    > so why doesn't the handset audibly ring?

    this is the puzzling thing. It is repeatable in that switching the
    Orange VoIP line to the other DECT input moves the syndrome to the
    other channel.

    We're trying another base unit.

    Thinking more on your question I wondered if there was a "line 2 ring
    handset 1" type config at work but that doesn't explain why switching
    lines moves the problem.

    Thanks,

    Phil

    PhilT, Mar 14, 2007
  7. PhilT

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > > It could be the ATA ringing output voltage. BT lines
    > > generally supply ringing at around 75 volts or so, if
    > > the ATA is giving a lower voltage, some phones might
    > > ring but others not. Ivor

    > But an incoming call has been signalled over the air
    > interface, so why doesn't the handset audibly ring?

    As I said, maybe there isn't enough voltage. If the ATA has a setting for
    it, try upping it a notch.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 14, 2007
  8. PhilT

    PhilT Guest

    On Mar 14, 7:26 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:

    > As I said, maybe there isn't enough voltage. If the ATA has a setting for
    > it, try upping it a notch.

    hence the OP looking for ways to tune the Livebox output.

    Results from more testing are that the base station is detecting the
    ring activity and this shows on the handset display as Line 1 ringing,
    but there is no audible ring on the DECT handset (the base unit does
    not have a ringer AFAIK).

    If the Livebox is allowed to ring an old SW Bell cordless and the DECT
    is plugged in mid-ring then the DECT handset rings for 2 or 3 rings.

    The voltage on the Livebox output measured as Vdc with a digital meter
    is 50V normally and when ringing this goes 40V - 0V - 40V in line with
    the ring cadence.

    A BT line measured in the same was is also at 50V initially but on
    ringing flips to -50V. I expect this to be AC but measured it the same
    way for consistency.

    Phil

    PhilT, Mar 14, 2007