    I've tried the Orange shop but they don't seem to sell them.

    Does anyone know if this is some sort of standard adaptor that I could
    buy anywhere or just somewhere?

    allan tracy, Aug 22, 2006

  2. allan tracy

    allan tracy Guest

    allan tracy wrote:
    > I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that is provided
    > you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).
    >
    > Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically seems to allow
    > a normal telephone to plug in one end and the other to plug into a
    > standard Ethernet socket on their Livebox so you can then make free
    > VOIP calls.

    Its an RJ11 socket on the box apparently - no expert.

    allan tracy, Aug 22, 2006

  3. allan tracy

    Jono Guest

    allan tracy explained on 22/08/2006 :

    <http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370>

    Jono, Aug 22, 2006
  4. allan tracy

    allan tracy Guest

    > > Its an RJ11 socket on the box apparently - no expert.

    > <http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370>

    Cheers.

    Thanks a bundle.

    Will get one for the cat as well.

    allan tracy, Aug 22, 2006
  5. allan tracy

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "allan tracy" <> wrote in
    message
    > I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that
    > is provided you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).
    >
    > Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically
    > seems to allow a normal telephone to plug in one end and
    > the other to plug into a standard Ethernet socket on
    > their Livebox so you can then make free VOIP calls.
    >
    > Our cat took a liking to this adaptor and was last seen
    > running out the house with it hanging from his mouth.

    Oh dear ;-)

    My cat's never tried *that* particular one..! How did he/she unplug it..?!

    > I've tried the Orange shop but they don't seem to sell
    > them.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is some sort of standard adaptor
    > that I could buy anywhere or just somewhere?

    I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use any ATA, as long as you have
    the required settings.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 22, 2006
  6. allan tracy

    Jono Guest

    on 22/08/2006, Ivor Jones supposed :
    > "allan tracy" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that
    >> is provided you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).
    >>
    >> Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically
    >> seems to allow a normal telephone to plug in one end and
    >> the other to plug into a standard Ethernet socket on
    >> their Livebox so you can then make free VOIP calls.
    >>
    >> Our cat took a liking to this adaptor and was last seen
    >> running out the house with it hanging from his mouth.

    > Oh dear ;-)
    >
    > My cat's never tried *that* particular one..! How did he/she unplug it..?!
    >
    >> I've tried the Orange shop but they don't seem to sell
    >> them.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this is some sort of standard adaptor
    >> that I could buy anywhere or just somewhere?

    > I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use any ATA, as long as you have the
    > required settings.
    >
    > Ivor

    It'd likely be a big cat to run off with an ATA! I thought he meant the
    BT-RJ11 adapter

    Jono, Aug 22, 2006
  7. allan tracy

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote
    in message

    [snip]

    > It'd likely be a big cat to run off with an ATA! I
    > thought he meant the BT-RJ11 adapter

    Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy unplug
    it..?!

    Oops must go, my 13lb furry lump has just come in and is demanding FOOD..!

    Ivor (a.k.a. Cat Slave..!)

    Ivor Jones, Aug 23, 2006
  8. allan tracy

    allan tracy Guest

    > Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy unplug
    > it..?!

    Good question - but unplug it he did and we can't find it anywhere.

    allan tracy, Aug 24, 2006
  9. allan tracy

    kráftéé Guest

    allan tracy wrote:
    >> Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy
    >> unplug it..?!
    >>

    > Good question - but unplug it he did and we can't find it anywhere.

    You sure it wasn't a fat tabby cat from East Leake

    (in joke which only a very small minority may appreciate, but had to
    be said)

    kráftéé, Aug 24, 2006