    Please somebody help.

    Thanks
    Suda
    Suda, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Suda

    EmpokNor Guest

    duplex mismatch?

    do a sh int, look at number of collisions. Clear couters on interface then
    do sh int again. See if number of collisions is going up.

    EmpokNor, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Suda

    mliu Guest

    there should be a mode button on the switch so that you can check
    different things, duplex/conn/..., so the blinking orange light
    indicates things that depand...

    mliu, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Suda

    Suda Guest

    Hi,

    I checked all those different modes. Everything looks good. And also
    checked for no. of collisions by using show interface. It showed so
    many no. of collisions (around 500,000).
    So I believe, only solution for decreasing the no. of collisions is
    increasing the bandwidth. Or something else can i do from my side??

    Actually the switch is configured to have only two VLAN. That's it
    nothing much complex configuration is used. So is it problem with
    configuration?

    Thanks
    Suda

    Suda, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Suda

    Suda Guest

    Hi,

    I just now checked up for the duplex mode. Actullay it is in half
    duplex mode. So is it the real problem. Should i need to change it to
    Full duplex mode.

    As you said i did the clear counters on the interface and did the sh
    int. It showed me 69 collisions immediatley after clearing the
    counters. It is really issue of collisions because of half duplex
    mode?

    Thanks
    Suda

    Suda, Jul 15, 2003
  6. Suda

    d.rahdary

    Joined:
    May 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I am facin the same problem as yours,

    it appeared that u didn't get your answer,

    could you please help me with this?

    my switch is cisco 2950 and the router is 2610

    thanks in advance
    d.rahdary, May 30, 2013