    I would like comments on the broadband as well as I want a reliable net
    connection 24-7..

    thx
    mr deo, Apr 28, 2007

  2. mr deo

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking mr deo wrote :
    > I want a reliable net
    > connection 24-7..

    Rather rules out Orange Broadband
    Jono, Apr 28, 2007

  3. mr deo

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to
    hear...
    > I have got this new leaflet through about orange broadband... 8 meg for 20
    > quid a month.. it goes on to talk about the call features and it's basically
    > free calls to over 100 countrys, and free UK calls....
    >
    > My first thought is "wow".... my 2nt thought was "they must be doing this as
    > a VoIP service..
    >
    > I did dig around on their site and tho they dont mention it's VoIP they do
    > say that the phone must be plugg'd into their broadband access point. They
    > dont go on to say what the "livebox" is other than call it a "Livebox" but I
    > was curious if anyone has tried or seen this service working and what they
    > think of it.

    It's a wireless router with a built-in ATA. It has one LAN-side ethernet
    port (connect a switch if you need more).

    > I would like comments on the broadband as well as I want a reliable net
    > connection 24-7..

    It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
    and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.
    --
    Regards
    Jon
    Jon, Apr 28, 2007
  4. mr deo

    Jon Guest

    lid declared for all the world to hear...
    > After serious thinking mr deo wrote :
    > > I want a reliable net
    > > connection 24-7..

    > Rather rules out Orange Broadband

    My brother has been on it for about 7 months without problems so far.
    Have you had a bad experience yourself?
    --
    Regards
    Jon
    Jon, Apr 28, 2007
  5. mr deo

    Lurch Guest

    Re: Re: Orange Broadband w/Voip

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon <>
    mused:

    >It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
    >and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

    You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
    five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.

    I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
    I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
    --
    Regards,
    Stuart.
    Lurch, Apr 29, 2007
  6. mr deo

    mr deo Guest

    "Lurch" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon <>
    > mused:
    >
    > >It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
    > >and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

    > You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
    > five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.
    >
    > I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
    > I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Stuart.

    How do you rate the broadband part of the service?
    mr deo, Apr 29, 2007
  7. mr deo

    Lurch Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Orange Broadband w/Voip

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:28:07 GMT, "mr deo"
    <> mused:

    >"Lurch" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon <>
    >> mused:
    >>
    >> >It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
    >> >and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

    >> You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
    >> five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.
    >>
    >> I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
    >> I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Stuart.

    >How do you rate the broadband part of the service?

    I've had it for about 3 Months. Couple of dropouts for a few minutes
    during the night but not sure if that's Orange or BT, our line is
    quite noisy and not particularly great.

    Speeds have always been pretty good, can't fault them atm really. As I
    say though, if I had to pay for ADSL then I'd probably go with someone
    else, if I set anyone else up on ADSL I usually use NDO\Namesco.
    --
    Regards,
    Stuart.
    Lurch, Apr 29, 2007