    from their vendor is not acceptable in terms of software assurance,"
    Davidson said. ""

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 29, 2006

  2. Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > http://uk.builder.com/architecture/db/0,39026552,39314039,00.htm
    >
    > "" On the wider subject of the state of the software and security
    > industries, Davidson said that the pressure to deal with the problem of
    > unreliable and insecure software was building, and that the industry had
    > reached a "tipping point".
    >
    > It is now "chief executives who are complaining that what they are getting
    > from their vendor is not acceptable in terms of software assurance,"
    > Davidson said. ""

    They don't exactly set a good example with the quality and quantity of
    patches

    Also, a great example of how to insult an entire nation:

    [Davidson] claimed that the British are particularly good at hacking as
    they have "the perfect temperament to be hackers--technically skilled,
    slightly disrespectful of authority, and just a touch of criminal
    behavior."

    http://news.com.com/Oracle exec hits out at patch mentality/2100-7355_3-6077349.html?tag=nl

    Nathan Mercer, May 29, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    >
    >>http://uk.builder.com/architecture/db/0,39026552,39314039,00.htm
    >>
    >>"" On the wider subject of the state of the software and security
    >>industries, Davidson said that the pressure to deal with the problem of
    >>unreliable and insecure software was building, and that the industry had
    >>reached a "tipping point".
    >>
    >>It is now "chief executives who are complaining that what they are getting
    >>from their vendor is not acceptable in terms of software assurance,"
    >>Davidson said. ""

    > They don't exactly set a good example with the quality and quantity of
    > patches
    >
    > Also, a great example of how to insult an entire nation:
    >
    > [Davidson] claimed that the British are particularly good at hacking as
    > they have "the perfect temperament to be hackers--technically skilled,
    > slightly disrespectful of authority, and just a touch of criminal
    > behavior."
    >
    > http://news.com.com/Oracle exec hits out at patch mentality/2100-7355_3-6077349.html?tag=nl

    No they dont, and they are slow as well, MS shines in comparison.

    ;]

    and yes you can take that as a compliment.

    "touch of criminal" Lets not forget enron, and a few other large
    American corporation's who have been proven to be criminals......(and no
    I dont mean MS in this context).

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, May 30, 2006
  4. On Tue, 30 May 2006 16:42:02 +1200, thingy wrote:

    > "touch of criminal" Lets not forget enron, and a few other large
    > American corporation's who have been proven to be criminals......(and no
    > I dont mean MS in this context).

    LOL! Not in *this* context.

    ;o)

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 30, 2006
  5. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 May 2006 16:42:02 +1200, thingy wrote:
    >

    >>"touch of criminal" Lets not forget enron, and a few other large
    >>American corporation's who have been proven to be criminals......(and no
    >>I dont mean MS in this context).

    > LOL! Not in *this* context.
    >
    > ;o)
    >

    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    There is a difference between out and out criminal behaviour and
    anti-trust behaviour....the latter is more civil to my mind, as opposed
    to downright mugging...aka enron

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, May 30, 2006