    Jibby Guest

    Anyone had any experience with these ive knackered 12 dvd-r disks in 1 day
    already!!!

    Jibby, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Jibby

    Pompey© Guest

    Yeah had one myself for a fortnight...returned it to PC World...worked ok
    but it was hard to get discs that were compatible..although there are
    certain makes it was too hit and miss..I done the same..wasted a lot of
    discs...got a movie on one type of disc but was fed up myself by that stage
    so got me money back :)
    Daryn

    Pompey©, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Jibby

    mikah Guest

    > From: Jibby (Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:00:39 +0100)
    > MsgId: <3f750b54$0$272$>
    >
    > Anyone had any experience with these ive knackered 12 dvd-r disks in 1 day
    > already!!!

    The drive does not finalize DVD-R discs correctly. If you burn a DVD-R disc
    in DAO mode, it likely won't play back on a DVD-ROM drive. It should play
    back fine in the drive that wrote it. It MAY play back fine in a console
    DVD player. Burn your DVD-Video projects to DVD+R if your players support
    that. You can burn multisession DVD-R discs and they'll be readable on
    DVD-ROM drives, but not many console players.

    mikah, Oct 11, 2003