    --
    Up from Third Base to Huntington
    They sang another victory song...........

    paul j, Nov 10, 2004

  2. paul j

    John Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <> wrote:

    >I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
    >
    >The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

    In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me

    >One can grab an edge and resize
    >it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

    I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
    What would be the advantage of resizing it?

    Thanks!

    John, Nov 11, 2004

  3. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:13:56 -0500, John wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <> wrote:
    >
    >>I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
    >>
    >>The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

    > In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me
    >
    >>One can grab an edge and resize
    >>it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

    > I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
    > What would be the advantage of resizing it?

    For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.

    You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.

    Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
    cut off unless one resizes the box.

    paul j, Nov 11, 2004
  4. paul j

    John Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:38:46 GMT, paul j <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:13:56 -0500, John wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
    >>>
    >>>The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

    >> In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me
    >>
    >>>One can grab an edge and resize
    >>>it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

    >> I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
    >> What would be the advantage of resizing it?

    >For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
    >
    >You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
    >
    >Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
    >cut off unless one resizes the box.

    On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
    nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
    what you're telling me.
    BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.

    Cheers!

    John, Nov 11, 2004
  5. John wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:38:46 GMT, paul j <> wrote:

    >>>In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me

    >>>I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
    >>>What would be the advantage of resizing it?

    >>For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
    >>
    >>You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
    >>
    >>Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
    >>cut off unless one resizes the box.

    > On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
    > nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
    > what you're telling me.
    > BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.
    >
    > Cheers!

    This can be the result of theme problems. Try it in the default theme
    and see how it works.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 11, 2004
  6. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:06:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > John wrote:

    >>>For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
    >>>
    >>>You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
    >>>
    >>>Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
    >>>cut off unless one resizes the box.

    >> On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
    >> nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
    >> what you're telling me.
    >> BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.
    >>
    >> Cheers!

    > This can be the result of theme problems. Try it in the default theme
    > and see how it works.
    >
    > Lee

    I get the same problem with each of the three themes I have installed.

    paul j, Nov 11, 2004