    seem normal to me.

    Other than this issue, this camera rocks.

    Thank you.

    Major Blunts, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Major Blunts

    borge Guest

    On 24 Jul 2003 13:50:51 -0700, (Major
    Blunts) wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Indoors, with the camera in total auto mode, I get f2.6 at 1/40 sec.
    >If I turn the flash mode to Flash On, the LCD becomes brighter, but
    >the f-stop and shutter speed stay at the same settings.
    >
    >I even turned the ISO to 200 and I still received the same settings.
    >
    >Am I missing something about this camera usage? This just doesn't
    >seem normal to me.
    >
    >Other than this issue, this camera rocks.
    >
    >Thank you.

    Once it goes in flash mode, it matters not a lot about the exposure as
    that is controlled by the duration of the flash. It is important
    though that the shutter stays open for the period of the flash hence
    the slow shutter speed.

    There are two things I do not like about that camera and that is the
    lack of control of aperture and exposure - just cannot even lock them
    for panoramic shots. The viewfinder is as useless as a single sheet of
    toilet paper and the LCD screen is not much better in our usual bright
    sunlight.

    I suppose one will look a bit odd using the old street photographers
    ruse of the black cloth over head and back of camera with such an itsy
    bitsy camera sticking out the front :)

    For your information, my stats are:
    Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1 Gb memory,ADSL
    80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    Borge Pedersen :)
    Perth, Australia
    mailto:
    remove SPAM for email