    make. They work fine in a different camera and other devices. Anyone got any
    ideas? I think the camera is faulty and will probably send it back to Amazon
    whom I bought it from.

    Mr No Spam, Jul 27, 2004

  2. "Mr No Spam" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I recently bought a Pentax Optio 33LF camera and I am very impressed with
    > it. There is a problem with it though. It will only work with normal AA
    > batteries - it won't power on with rechargeable AA batteries. I have tried
    > many different rechargeable batteries which definitely work in other
    > devices. Pentax support haven't been much use - all they've told me is to

    Obvious thought that it could be a physical design issue with the contacts in
    the camera. Could it be that your rechargeable batteries aren't quite as long? Or
    the contacts are slightly recessed?

    The other possibility is that the nominal voltage for NiMHs is slightly less than
    that of "normal" AA batteries. Could it be that the camera's voltage sensing
    circuit is incorrectly declaring the NiMHs uncharged?

    --
    Dan (Woj...) dmaster at lucent dot com
    ----------------------------------

    Dan Wojciechowski, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Mr No Spam

    adrianh Guest

    "Mr No Spam" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > The rechargeable batteries I've tried
    > are mainly uniross - 2300mah and 1300mah plus some others of a different
    > make. They work fine in a different camera and other devices. Anyone got any
    > ideas? I think the camera is faulty and will probably send it back to Amazon
    > whom I bought it from.

    I've just bought a 33LF and it seems to power up quite happily on
    Uniross 1300mAh Ni-MH rechargeables. They are not new (probably over a
    year old), but I can't believe that the dimensions or power
    specifications would change so much as to make newer ones unusable.

    It sounds to me like the camera is at fault.

    Cheers, Adrian

    adrianh, Aug 8, 2004